ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Picking the right mouse for gaming - suggestions?

<< < (3/5) > >>

jgpaiva:
To me, it seems you have a problem of convenience here, wireless mouse vs. short battery life.
-Lashiec (June 28, 2008, 02:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
I wouldn't say that (or at least, not only that). The horror stories i mentioned, weren't about battery life, but about the wireless mouses not being reliable. I've seen a logitech mx1000 (which is a VERY expensive mouse) moving by itself across the screen without noone touching it. And it was on a mousepad!
Personally, i love my mx310.. It's been reliably working for 5 years now, and even though i want to buy a G3 (because it's lighter and i'm quite bored of this one), it just won't break! :P

Lashiec:
Hahahaha, it's normal because the MX1000 was the first mouse using laser technology, so it was a bit rough. I sent my mouse for repair a couple of weeks ago, and meanwhile I used a Genius mouse from a friend which had similar behavior (it uses optical technology though), sometimes I left the mouse still, and I saw the cursor either vibrate like mad, or move around, probably caused by the wrinkles in my mouse mat (which does not even deserve that name).

My mouse is wireless and laser too (a Logitech LX7), but so far never exhibited that behavior.

Eóin:
* f0dder goes on a rampage about the lack of quality mice without a zillion buttons, and without right-handed-only form factor.-f0dder (June 28, 2008, 05:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

* Eóin starts venting his frustrations over the difficult of getting a good solid wired mouse :D Seems here in Eire that you either pick a cheap, bargain bin, wired mouse or go wireless just for something like forward / back buttons >:(

wraith808:
I got the G9 & I think its the best mouse I have ever owned & one of its best features for me is the profiles.

All so the MicroGear Precision Scroll Wheel comes in handy scrolling long web pages.

Just waiting for Logitech to release some more grips but wont hold my breath on that as it hasn't happen yet  :(
-a_lunatic (June 27, 2008, 09:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed on all points.

I have a bunch of cheap optical wired logitech mice, TBH I can't really feel the difference between a expensive mouse and a cheap 3 button mouse unless you are sniping at extremely long ranges in some FPS
-p3lb0x (June 28, 2008, 03:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

I definitely feel the difference.  Not only in use, but in hand cramps, functionality, extra buttons... yeah, I wouldn't get rid of my G9.  I had a G7 and it was workable as a wireless mouse- mostly because you could have one pack charging while the other was playing, and the fact that they charged *so fast*.  I think that's what the cursor drift problem discussed is all about- low batteries.  On my work system, I use a wireless mouse (another Logitech) and it drifts whenever the battery starts getting low.

But definitely the G9.  Though for a keyboard I went with a Razer...

p3lb0x:
I have never had hand cramps TBH, but I can see extra buttons as a plus and wouldn't mind 2 or 3 more. But paying 4-6 times as much for a mouse seems pretty excessive to me

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version