ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Picking the right mouse for gaming - suggestions?

<< < (2/5) > >>

p3lb0x:
I have a bunch of cheap optical wired logitech mice, TBH I can't really feel the difference between a expensive mouse and a cheap 3 button mouse unless you are sniping at extremely long ranges in some FPS

f0dder:
* f0dder goes on a rampage about the lack of quality mice without a zillion buttons, and without right-handed-only form factor.

Jibz:
I've used the various Logitech MX gaming mice, and am currently using a Logitech G5. Be sure to get a wired mouse for gaming -- nothing worse than having to leave your friends in the middle of battle because you have to recharge your rat :mrgreen:.

Personally I have not installed the accompanying logitech software for any of them.

jgpaiva:
Everyone in our Call of Duty 4 clan uses WIRED mice, as do probably most other players. I once made the mistake of getting a fancy logitech wireless laser mouse, could really notice the difference when you needed pin-point cursor accuracy for shooting etc...

I've had my current Logitech MX510 wired mouse for at least 3-4 years now, still going strong, can't beat it.

Also a quality mouse surface makes a BIG difference to how well the laser/optics work in whatever mouse you choose.
I highly recommend a fUnc mouse mat - a review here: http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=108
-Fedorov (June 27, 2008, 06:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
Even though i'm not a fan of mx510, i highly support the idea of using a mousepad and specifically the func. At the time of buying one, i bought a cheaper one and ended up regreting it everytime i use one of my friends' funcs.

Lashiec:
To me, it seems you have a problem of convenience here, wireless mouse vs. short battery life. If your previous wireless mouse died in the middle of the battle, then to me it's a no brainier: get the wired. If not, go for the wireless, every cable you don't have cluttering up the back of the desk is gold :-)

For the rest, I'm with p3lbox, mouse technology has advanced to the point that more or less all mouses are indistinguishable in usage. Although I'm not suggesting that a $3 mouse will do the same service as a $30 one (I know for personal experience that this is not the case), spending $150 in one just for a supposed increase in the response time is wasting money. Of course, such mouse will get you other goodies that justify the price.

Perhaps a professional gamer will be able to appreciate such differences due to their endless practice, but anyone else will headshots aplenty. Most times we blame the peripheral, while the problem is with a miscalculation in our part.

Besides, people are playing CoD 4 with a XBOX pad ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version