ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

[bug] FARR error and freeze if html view mode page tries to close win

(1/2) > >>

Nod5:
When viewing an internet page in FARR's html view mode and that page tries to close it's own window then FARR displays a "do you want to close window?" popup. So far so good. But clicking "yes" gives the error message below multiple times and then FARR freezes and a FARR restart is required.

To test it, save this as test.html, display in FARR and click close:

--- Code: HTML ---<a href="JavaScript:window.close()">Close</a>

mouser:
thanks, i'll look into it and see if i can fix.

Nod5:
I'm reviving this. I often use FARR's html view mode to access a specific webpage and that page tries to close itself when a link is clicked. So I encounter this problem almost daily. My current workaround: when the "do you want to close window?" FARR popup shows then I kill and restart the FARR process (through an AHK hotkey).

Nod5:
The v2.48.01 changelog said EmbeddedWebBrowser was updated which sounded relevant to this and so made me test this again, but the problem remains.

I should add that the error messages are not exactly like above. When I use FARR to access a flash based webpage that after a while tries to autoclose then FARR closes after this chain of error messages (in order from top to bottom):

mouser:
I will look into it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version