ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Locate 3.0 - great *FAST* HD search tool!

<< < (24/33) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Thanks - by the way you need to update your weblink (in your profile) as it still points to the defunct version of your site. Why not add a signature with a logo to the LOCATE32 website so that people know you.

You have a great utility which I use everyday - and it is brilliant that you take an active interest in what is going on over here too  :Thmbsup: :-*

jmj:
Now the website is updated, thank you for reminding me.

btw. f0dder, what is going on with those unicode related things in locate.exe?

f0dder:
Turning off tooltips and "Show type specified icons" did the trick - but of course now there's only two icon types, "generic file" and "folder"; I do like visual clues for RAR archives, .chm files, et cetera... but obviously it would be a bit tricky to support that, as the default "get icon" API from windows also looks at .exe files to extract default icon etc.

Wrt. unicode output in locate.exe I put it a bit on hold, after realizing that Okke's plugin might not actually need any updating at all - but a lot of FARR would have to be rewritten >_<. I can brush up the modification a bit and commit to the repository, since unicode display would be nice to have for console users nonetheless.

jmj:
I can brush up the modification a bit and commit to the repository, since unicode display would be nice to have for console users nonetheless.
-f0dder (January 12, 2008, 07:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

It would be nice if you do that.

jmj:
But anyway, I tried to unplug my server and opened Locate32. Locate32 did hang on couple of seconds! I'll check that what Locate32 it is doing.
-jmj (January 11, 2008, 10:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

This does not happen here anymore when the latest version is in usehere. Carol Haynes, could you try that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version