ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Locate 3.0 - great *FAST* HD search tool!

<< < (11/33) > >>

mouser:
welcome to the site jmj!  great to have you stop by.  :Thmbsup:

i should also suggest to all those locate lovers out there, now is your chance to donate a few credits to jmj to show your appreciation.  so if you've got some spare credits, now's your chance

remember, to give someone some credits, just click on the gold coin under their name.

mikem:
hi, ive somewhat managed to set this up.

but i admit i have some more "reading" to do.

Anyways, i use it on a laptop and i have 4 external harddrives, 2 at home and 2 at work.

Ive set it to update at certain times during the day.

But my problem is that when it updates and not one of the drives are connected, the results for that drive are erased.

Is there anyway to prevent this? to keep the search results

for instance im at home, do a search and find a file located at "H: work hd 1"

jmj:
Make own database for each external drive and choose "Stop if root unavailable". Then locate should stop updating if drive is missing and leave that database untouched.

mikem:
that was fast..

thanks,- seems to work on the drives here.

This program keeps getting better, being able to search ext. drive not even connected through database.

should have found it before

rjbull:
Update: Searches like *URL.txt;*lol*.jpg work in the latest beta now!
-brotherS (November 01, 2005, 09:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

I must have misread that.  I thought you meant that it would search for both *URL.txt and *lol*.jpg at the same time.  It doesn't seem to, using Version 3.0 beta 5.10100.  Is that correct?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version