ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Bill Gates email rant

(1/2) > >>

zridling:
Hey, at least the guy understood the common user experience with Microsoft.com was broken back in 2003 when he wanted to download MovieMaker.

[gratuitous graphic]

Now if only he hadn't turned a tin ear to early Vista criticism....

Deozaan:
Interesting read.

I've done a few critiques like that on things for people I know. Most notable one I can remember is feedback on a few chapters of a book someone I know wrote.

tomos:
at least the guy understood the common user experience with Microsoft.com was broken back in 2003
-zridling (June 26, 2008, 10:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

strange that it's never been fixed ...

40hz:
Works every time. That's the beauty of The Big Lie propaganda technique. Make a statement and stick by it and about half the people that hear it will believe it no matter what. There's a bad function call (or maybe just a GOTO) coded somewhere in the human brain...

There was a great little strip in the papers some years back that really put it all in perspective. Voices were coming out of the top floor of Microsoft's headquarters building:

Voice: Sales of Windows XP have exceeded 100 million copies. Should we activate the secret mind control program now Mr. Gates?

Gates: I don't think it's really necessary anymore.

J-Mac:
I saw that email from Gates yesterday morning - thought sure it had to be a spoof so I "googled" it and.... Oh my!  It's real!

Fantastic!  That was released by the court so I imagine MS never expected it to get out to the public.

If you locate and download the PDF of the entire exchange, it has five or six emails after that where the various MS dept. heads are bouncing this around like a hot potato, trying to pin the responsibility for fixing it on each other.  And their grammar and spelling are a complete disgrace, too.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version