topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:46 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Firefox 3  (Read 6610 times)

gorinw13

• Joined in 2006
  • Hi There !!!!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Firefox 3
« on: June 26, 2008, 09:29 AM »

Anybody know how the browsing history of Firefox in the address bar can bar can be deleted?....

Before the version 3.0, I used to have it delete them automatically when the browser closes....

But it no longer deletes the address bar history / auto completion.... "delete private data" does not do it too....

Any ideas?..

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Firefox 3
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 09:45 AM »
Hm, deleting the "address bar history" would partially ruin one of FF3's best features - the AwesomeBar. If you aren't surfing on public computers or visiting reeeeally dubious sites, why would you want to clear the autocompletion stuff?
- carpe noctem

mediaguycouk

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Mediaguy
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 10:00 AM »
or visiting reeeeally dubious sites,
You mean the internet has other uses? I don't think there is a 16+ male on the internet that doesn't need to delete their history once in a while.

Anywho, if it's just a couple of sites then press the down arrow on the address bar, press the down arrow on the keyboard until you get to the one you want to delete and press the delete key on the keyboard.
Learning C# - Graham Robinson

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 10:17 AM »
Uh, either you did not select the right option or you have something wrong in your Firefox setup, the address bar history (browsing history actually, since everything has been merged) is deleted as always, checking "Navigation history", which is the first option in the "Delete private data" dialog. I just checked and it works :-)

If Mozilla removed that option, there would be a massive attack over their headquarters ;D

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 10:58 AM »
or visiting reeeeally dubious sites,
You mean the internet has other uses? I don't think there is a 16+ male on the internet that doesn't need to delete their history once in a while.
-mediaguycouk (June 26, 2008, 10:00 AM)
So what i redtube and boysfood pop up in the address bar? - OK, might not be smart if it's at your workplace, but then you're likely to be monitored automatically, and not through the browser history ;)
- carpe noctem

nosh

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 12:53 PM »
Reeeeeeeally dubious sites... I'd be so embarrassed if this showed up in my browser history.

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 12:56 PM »
Solution: make 2 firefox profiles, and use the non-default one to browse the dubious sites that nosh mentioned :P

gorinw13

• Joined in 2006
  • Hi There !!!!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 01:03 PM »
Thank you to all of you for the replies....
I will check tomorrow.....

Hm, deleting the "address bar history" would partially ruin one of FF3's best features - the AwesomeBar. If you aren't surfing on public computers or visiting reeeeally dubious sites, why would you want to clear the autocompletion stuff?

It is simply a matter of preference... No dubious sites .... or the worst ones like nosh  mention :)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 07:26 PM »
this works for me, from drop-down list at the location bar, highlight the one you don't want and press "Shift+Delete".