ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Stardock doesn't treat you like a criminal!

(1/5) > >>

Deozaan:
To be honest, the only thing I've used by Stardock is the Object Dock, but I just found out from reading this Joystiq article that Stardock doesn't use copy protection measures in any of its games.

In fact, reading that article goes to show you how awesome they are!

As Stardock CEO Brad Wardell explains it, piracy is an issue that "has to be kept in perspective," and in a recent Big Download interview he further played the common sense card, stating that "the people who actually buy games don't want to be inconvenienced or treated like a criminal." Wardell adds that while Sins "definitely" would have sold more had piracy not been an issue, "everyone who buys games knows they could easily have gone out and stolen it if they wanted to."-http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/24/sins-publisher-stardock-keeps-piracy-in-perspective/
--- End quote ---

Just reading that right there makes me want to support the company! And I've been hearing some mighty fine things about their game Sins of a Solar Empire. I may have to get it soon. :)

:up: :up:

Grorgy:
Yeah, stardock are pretty good, I use window blinds, right click and the icon thingy, I quite like the dock but i figure enough is enough FARR right click quick launch start menu lol. they have generous activation limits on their products, and if you reach them its a simple message to support to get it fixed up, maybe a brief explanation as to why you have activated so many times, i don't know, I've never reached the limit.

You will find a lot of the staff from stardock in the forums there too, yep even brad.

wreckedcarzz:
I bought the pro version of ObjectDock after its latest update, and am happy I did - Stardock makes great software, at a CHEAP price, and it feels good buying it because you know your getting your money's worth while supporting the developers.

I have had no issues with activation, purchasing OD was a breeze, and I am very happy with it. I plan to buy Object Desktop once I get the money.

myarmor:
I have bought many of their products, ODNT Ultimate, GalCivII series etc..

I just have to agree with the rest of the folks in this thread..
Stardock is a company that operates with a different scheme than the rest entirely..

They're support is quite good too.. and compared to most of the other companies I've encountered, it's very good indeed.

cthorpe:
I just emailed Stardock to inquire about a DC discount on their programs.  I'll let you all know when I hear back from them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version