topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 4:51 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: [bug report] error when toggling "Hide StatusBar completely" on + off  (Read 6098 times)

Nod5

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A very,very small issue: when first activating "Hide StatusBar completely" (in options > display options) and then de-activating it, the statusbar re-appears without expanding the FARR window accordingly. So the status bar partly covers the last match in the list. If no match is displayed, like when the inputbox is empty, then the statusbar party covers the input box. Restarting FARR solves the issue.
status.png
Something similar seems to happen when horizontal scroll bars appear - they also "steal" windowspace from the match list (concealing parts of the last match) instead of expanding the FARR window to accommodate them.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
if you then restart farr, is the problem solved?

Nod5

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Yes, the statusbar issue goes away after restarting FARR (that's why it is a "very, very small" and not just a "very small" issue ;D). The horizontal scroll issue remains after restart.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks -- yeah i'm not diminishing the bug, just getting clues to help me figure it out. Thanks, i'll put it on todo list.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
i've decided to remove the option to hide the statusbar.. it's much too troublesome to get working right and i think on reflection it's probably important that that mechanism for providing feedback is visible.

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
 :greenclp: :greenclp:
I support that decision, it's one less option to clutter, update and support :) (and most probably, it wouldn't make a difference for 99.9999% of the users)