ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Protecting windows from minimising

(1/2) > >>

mediaguycouk:
I hope someone can help me. I've just moved computers to one with a dual display (rather than two separate computers). On the right is outlook, on the left is everything else.

I use Start + D very often to show the desktop, but I'd like Outlook (or a blanket 'whatever is on the second monitor') to stay put. Do you know of anything like that? I'm finding it very hard to google as I can't get the keywords to pick up what I'm trying to say.

Many thanks

Graham Robinson

sri:
Just an idea, not sure if it will work or not:

Try any of the s/w using which you can pin programs so they always stay on top. Perhaps when you minimize everything else, outlook will remain after you've pinned it.

lanux128:
as a matter of fact, there is some code that keeps OSD Mute from minimizing. so, will be you using this feature for only Outlook or other programs as well? :)

mediaguycouk:
Possibly, but I don't really care about anything but outlook disappearing.

If it was AHK, would that mean I couldn't use Start D? I use it without thinking, that's my main problem.

lanux128:
try this AHK script then: NoMin v1.0. i'm not sure what is the title of the Outlook window, so i went for "ahk_class OpusApp". but you may use the actual title by adding them in "ahk_class OpusApp"'s place, though.

--- ---#SingleInstance force
#Persistent
DetectHiddenWindows, On
SendMode, Input
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
appname=NoMin

#d::
Send, #d
IfWinExist, ahk_class OpusApp
  PostMessage, 0x112, 0xF120,,, ahk_class OpusApp
Return

Navigation