ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Virtual Webdrive for everywhere

<< < (3/3)

murratore:
murratore,

Along with a subscription comes some optional client-side software that will provide that functionality.
-tinjaw (June 26, 2008, 08:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
This is handy backup, isn't it? There I haven't found this feature. Can you give me a hint?

tinjaw:
I am trying to remember from months and months ago.

Set up a synchronization backup and then schedule it to run every 3, 5, 10, 30.... minutes.

I will install the software tonight and see if I can get working and then report back here.

tinjaw:
I should add that you can create mapped or web drives to your account and use any software you choose with it. So, for example, I don't use Handy Backup but instead tools like SFFS, BC2, Folder Match, SyncBack, etc.

Rover:
sftpdrive is an interesting solution; assuming you have an SSH capable server to store your stuff on.

Website Link

It maps a windows drive using only ssh and sftp.  At $39.00 is seems a little pricey to me...

Don't drag and drop. Don't transfer back and forth. Just use your network files directly from your applications. SftpDrive network-enables all your Windows applications by enabling you to map your SSH server as a network drive. Save and edit files directly on your server. Perfect for any web developer or programmer that runs Windows, but relies on Linux.-Their Website
--- End quote ---

murratore:
I've seen sftpdrive. The problem is that there is a need for online connection, but I need also caching when I'm offline

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version