ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Webcam Signature 1.0 - My Submission for the DC Programming Contest

<< < (6/9) > >>

mouser:
my webcam was connected the whole time, and showing in the windows.
it's only when i press the Grab Screenshot button in the finetune dialog that the error occurs.

VideoInPicture:
my webcam was connected the whole time, and showing in the windows.
it's only when i press the Grab Screenshot button in the finetune dialog that the error occurs.
-mouser (June 25, 2008, 07:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

That is weird. Does the program work otherwise if you don't click on "Grab A Frame"?

VideoInPicture:
I've uploaded a new version of Webcam Signature (1.2) to http://webcamsignature.wikidot.com/download-webcam-signature. Added is a fix to handle the case of when the "Fine Tune Tracking Color" panel is opened with no webcam available. Also added is the ability to draw on the signature area with your mouse.

wreckedcarzz:
Problem: When a TV tuner is installed in a PC, Webcam Signature treats it as if it is a webcam (other programs do this too, like Windows Live Messenger) - would it be possible to detect and prevent this? It lags the program having it refresh a bunch of gray fuzzy noise and non-existent video every second or two.

(I have a "Happauge WinTV" TV tuner, if that is relevant at all)

VideoInPicture:
Problem: When a TV tuner is installed in a PC, Webcam Signature treats it as if it is a webcam (other programs do this too, like Windows Live Messenger) - would it be possible to detect and prevent this? It lags the program having it refresh a bunch of gray fuzzy noise and non-existent video every second or two.

(I have a "Happauge WinTV" TV tuner, if that is relevant at all)
-wreckedcarzz (June 26, 2008, 02:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Are you using the TV tuner as your video input source for the program?

Right now, the program automatically loads whatever video input source is available but you can get the program to stop the input from the video source in version 1.2 by clicking on the pen size drop box in the "Pen" area of the program and selecting "Hide".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version