ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Removed Areas > Assembly

What version of assembly? Any

(1/4) > >>

mouser:
You can use any assembler and any flavor of assembly that you want for these assignments.
Maybe people can post various assemblers they like for different platforms?

f0dder:
Here's a bunch of free assemblers for the x86 platform: FASM, NASM, YASM. GNU AS for the masochists :)

MilesAhead:
Masm32 is also fun to play with.  What makes it fun is that it includes Windows headers and macros to make it simpler to get started doing Windows apps.  iirc there's a 32 bit example that pops up an OK dialog that assembles to 5 kb(since all it does is call the windows dll to do it.)  :)

It has an "Invoke" syntax that you can use if you hate typing all the pushes and pops.

I think the last time I messed with it was using Win98 but it seems to still be out there. :)

Ehtyar:
You can compile a MessageBox() to less than a kb under FASM ;)

Ehtyar.

MilesAhead:
You can compile a MessageBox() to less than a kb under FASM ;)

Ehtyar.
-Ehtyar (February 11, 2009, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's probably the same.  It's been several years since I used it.  All it does is invoke the function in the dll so I don't think there's too many ways to make that smaller.

The main nice feature is the Windows headers and I seem to remember there was some cool lookup function that made it easy to get the params to a lot of win functions.  But my memory has faded. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version