ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any "Create shortcuts, and move them" thingy?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
Thanks to all of you, and one extra thank you to Perry for writing Nirsofer! I have tried, though, to write him some time ago about something different, but I cannot remember getting an answer. I hope you have better luck.-Curt (June 24, 2008, 03:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

We'll see  :-\

It seemed the perfect resolution for your specific situation if user defined folders was available; anyway, we'll see...

Phil or Nod's suggestion of a script (of some sort) is probably going to be the most configurable though, and not too difficult to achieve.

Curt:
Thanks, Perry - but speaking of 'scripts', SnapFolders wouldn't work in my setup - some conflict of a kind, I guess, though it suggest that I get the latest script-something from MS. The problem must be something else,  for I am confident my script version is newer than the one Matts was using back in 2005.

Nod5:
Curt, I made Shortcutty, http://nod5.dcmembers.com/shortcutty.html
But it only creates shortcuts in one folder specified in the .ini file. To be able to dynamically vary what folder to put the shortcuts in another script is needed that does this: when a hotkey is pressed grab the path to the then active explorer folder, then copies all shortcut files made with Shortcutty to that folder (the output folder in Shortcutty and the input folder in the second script must be the same). I can put that together too but not tonight. If you want to make that complementary script yourself, or add such functionality to some other script, this is the central line of code needed in it:

--- ---FileMove, %xfolder%\*.lnk, %xtargetfolder%, 1 

PhilB66:
There is ShortcutFolder by skrommel as well.

Curt:
Curt, I made Shortcutty, http://nod5.dcmembers.com/shortcutty.html
... another script is needed ... I can put that together too ...
-Nod5 (June 25, 2008, 05:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

@ Nod5 - wow, BOTH your scripts sounds perfect to me for the job.  :Thmbsup:
I am truly looking forward to try them. But right now I am not able to even try the first one, because all I get is a File Not Found / 404

@ Phil - thanks a lot for looking for an answer.  :up:
However, I read the rest of the thread and will therefore not try skrommel's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version