ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any "Create shortcuts, and move them" thingy?

(1/5) > >>

Curt:
Yesterday I installed a package of many small programs, and was reminded that I quite often have wanted a 'thingy' which could create and move a shortcut in one go. For this reason I wrote the author of Piky Basket ("Copy, Copy, Copy, Paste") and asked for a new feature: >"Create shortcut and put in basket" and several new shortcuts later: "Drop / paste  shortcuts here"<. He liked the idea and said it will "mostly" be added to an upcoming new version (the program has not been updated for several years)! I know users of some third party file managers already have a part of this feature, "stack", but I will like to have all of the feature, and to have it now, and to have it in Explorer - so I am asking if 'you' know of an application with such a feature for the standard Explorer, please?

:tellme:

Nod5:
I read this four times but still don't understand exactly what you're asking for...  ;D

Is this it: you want a shortcut for C:\folder\file.exe , you right click it and select "thingy" and thingy creates a shortcut BUT immediately moves it to some other folder, say C:\folder2\ ?   :tellme:

jgpaiva:
The idea that Curt is asking would be similar to pinky basket, but instead of having "paste file(s) here", it'd be "create shortcut(s) here", from what i understand.
I'm not a fan of shortcuts (i only rarely create one), but i can see the usefulness, i've used pinky basket in the past and it's a pretty good idea.

Curt:
jgpaiva is right on the spot. I use True Launch Bar (replacing Windows' Quick Launch) and like to have shortcuts there for all of my programs. SendTo will send a shortcut to Quick Launch all right, but I will have to first create the link myself, and after it has been sent to Quick Launch I will have to move it further / deeper inside True Launch Bar. This takes too long, when all I really would need is for a program like Piky Basket to be able to first create the shortcut (right-click file > create shortcut) and put in the basket / memory, and later on drop the shortcut wherever (True Launch Bar or elsewhere) I meanwhile have navigated to.

- to make a simple story more complicated...  :-[

PhilB66:
NirExt Shortcut+ maybe?

Create Shortcut+: This option is available in the context menu when you right-click on any file in your system. It allows you to instantly create a shortcut and drop it into one of the following folders: Desktop, Start Menu, Programs folder under Start Menu, Common Desktop (for all users), Common Start Menu (for all users), and Common Programs folder (for all users) under Start Menu. You can also specify a command-line options for the application, working folder, and the comment that appears when the mouse cursor moves over the shortcut. If you create a shortcut to executable file (.EXE), the description information from the executable file is automatically copied to the Shortcut Name field.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version