ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Weather Watcher 5.6 - now better than ever!

<< < (6/7) > >>

clif_notes:
I just wanted to drop by and help clear up some of the confusion.
-Mike Singer (November 13, 2005, 03:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hi Mike, thanks for that and welcome. :)

I'm curious: did you just 'accidently' find this discussion or did you use Google (Alerts)?-brotherS (November 14, 2005, 12:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think Mouser invited him. See #15 in the thread. "and i'm going to also point him to this thread - maybe he wants to make a comment."

Edit: Hmmf, it's hard to beat Mouser to the punch.  ;)

annorax:

There is also Weather Pulse as an alternative.   When I compared Weather Pulse (WP) against the previous version of Weather Watcher (WW),  the two seemed very similar to me.   I chose WP because I preferred some small detail of its presentation.   When I chose WP I don't think I was aware of malware issues with WW.   Does anyone know of malware issues with WP?

Pricelessware,  which I think highly of,  lists Weather Watcher but not Weather Pulse (http://www.pricelessware.org/).

-redmaledeer (November 13, 2005, 03:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was also going to suggest this. I've been using WeatherPulse for over a year and it's superb. It's had some issues in previous versions with memory leaks but they have been removed. Weater Watcher is a great choice as well, but I personally perfer WP. The Docklet is almost like the Konfabulator tool but doesn't look as cool.

mouser:
weather pulse is also very good.
by the way, a reminder that we actually reviewed weather tools not too long ago: https://www.donationcoder.com/Reviews/Archive/WeatherTray/index.html

brotherS:
I also tested both of them, I prefer Weather Watcher  :Thmbsup:

redmaledeer:
There is also Weather Pulse as an alternative.   When I compared Weather Pulse (WP) against the previous version of Weather Watcher (WW),  the two seemed very similar to me.   I chose WP because I preferred some small detail of its presentation.
-redmaledeer (November 13, 2005, 03:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

After I wrote this (Reply No. 19) I found out that Weather Pulse (WP) hung up pretty easily,  both during bootup and normal running,  the latter especially when updating the weather.   I don't know if this is due to WP or to some quirk of my machine.   Does this happen to anyone else?   I still mostly use WP,  but carefully.   Weather Watcher doesn't give me this problem.

(Windows XP home,  SP1,  fully updated.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version