ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

U.K. growing more peculiar by the day. What's happening in your area?

(1/5) > >>

cranioscopical:
Council bans 'brainstorming' and replaces the term with 'thought showers'... for fear of offending epileptics.
... in genteel Tunbridge Wells, the expression brainstorming has been banned. And in future, meetings to generate new ideas will be referred to as 'thought showers'.
--- End quote ---
Full report here

Apparently is no consideration is given to the feelings of incontinent intellectuals.

and...
An 81-year-old pensioner was ordered to remove his flat cap in a bar - because it was deemed a security risk.
Harvey Talbot was having a quiet afternoon pint in his regular pub when he was told he had to take off the cap.
Staff said the bemused former driver, who suffers from mobility problems, could use it to hide his face if he committed a crime.
And when the pensioner complained, he was told the Yates' bar was only following police advice.
--- End quote ---
Full report here

Imagine the harm this guy could do if he hit someone with his Zimmer!

What's being done in your area to keep you safe from harm?

fenixproductions:
I hope it counts:
I've bought desktop lamp lately and "Safety usage" instruction says that I should not remove a bulb without help from "qualified electrician". Now I wonder is there any kind of certificate for "Bulbs exchanging procedure" ;)
It is written on the same paper that I can't neither put bulb into my mouths nor sink the whole thing in water. This sentence makes it more serious imho.

Being honest: I've always thought that special precautions should be always made for kids and mentally ill people. Seeing the growth of "safety instructions" for simple things makes me worry that the world is getting stupider day after day.

mouser:
I've bought desktop lamp lately and "Safety usage" instruction says that I should not remove a bulb without help from "qualified electrician".
--- End quote ---

Cpilot:
Seeing the growth of "safety instructions" for simple things makes me worry that the world is getting stupider day after day.
--- End quote ---
Not stupider just more cautious.....the reason?
Lawyers.

fenixproductions:
2Cpilot
You've got a point. It reminded me the cause of packing everything in foil bags which have a holes in it (IIRC some idiot almost died after placing his head inside a bag).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version