ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DC Forum Members -- Tell Us About Your Website

(1/7) > >>

mouser:
It's long overdue that we started a thread like this I think.

If you have a website (or two or ten), or help to run one, tell us about it!
Whether it's a commercial site or not, I don't think it matters.

Only one condition: You have to have made at least one other post on the forum about something NOT related to your website first!  In other words, don't be rude and make your first post on the forum all about yourself (and if you haven't found any interesting posts to comment on before now, check out the newsletters for ideas).

If you don't run a website but are dreaming of starting one, feel free to talk about that instead.

PPLandry:
I've designed numerous web site for customers (in another life), but I'm now concentrating on just one: www.sqlnotes.net, which provides information, documentation, discussion forums, bug tracking and download for my information manager, SQLNotes (code name).

It is based on DotNetNuke (DNN) CMS for the most part (SQL Server based), with Mantis for the bug tracking part (modified from stock, MySQL based) and WikiSpaces for the collaborative documentation.

It was opened exactly 1 year ago. It was hosted on Brinkster and now on 1X Web hosting. Usage is typically 1000-2000 pages per day, and 150 unique visitors. Stats here

Veign:
Since you asked.  Below are the websites I developed and maintain as my own collection of fun and utility types websites.

Camera Summary:
Camera Summary is basically an online exif data extractor that provides information like: camera make / model, detailed information about how the picture was taken and even the thumbnail that was embedded in the file.

Distance Check:
Distance Check locates the distance and information about two Zip Codes. The distance is calculated and general information about each zip code, a map for each zip code and approximate driving time is displayed.

Make ASCII Art:
Convert any image into ASCII art. This online application will convert any color image into an image where all color pixels have been replaced with text.

Make Password:
One of the easiest online password generators which can generate a single random password or lists of hundreds of random passwords. You choose the character sets, password length and the quantity to create. Hash values can also be created for your convenience. This password generator is useful for getting a random password for personal use or for generating large lists of default passwords.

Page Headers:
Page Headers will return the http (server) header information from any valid URI. The http header information contains information about the webpage like: last modified, what type of server, if a redirect occured (and the location of the redirect) and the content length that will follow.

Quick Highlighter:
Doesn't get any easier than this to create a webpage from your source code.

Quick Thumbnail:
The fastest way to resize your pictures and images. Choose an image file, select some resize options, and hit Resize it. Your image will be uploaded to the server and resized, and then any or all of the resized images will be provided in a single convenient view. Not only can you get simultaneous generation of different sizes but you can enlarge your images too.

Whats Its Color:
Whats its color is an image-color processing utility that will evaluate an image and give you the image's primary and complementary dominant colors of an image, how many visually unique colors are in an image, and the top ten visually unique colors in an image.

Plus some random tools at: http://www.veign.com/tools/ like Ultra Fast Whois and Page Strength Check

app103:
In addition to these, there is probably another 25-30 websites in various stages of development sitting on my hard drive, and a bunch out there on the web that I don't remember creating.

App's Apps  
My software site containing a bunch of small applications, mostly in the time management & productivity category.

App's Trapps
Going in the opposite direction of my software that helps you get more done is this site that helps you waste more time. (Yes, it's a trap!) ;D

It's a work in progress and will become a world of addictive random randomness. Currently, it's just a endless gallery of random amusing images...just keep clicking.  ;)

(average visitor clicks about 73 times)

The SourceCode
This is the old website for my chatroom, containing old projects that some members worked on, old news, and other misc stuff.

For many of the members, the projects on that site is their "Hello World", or darn near close to it. (mine included)  :-*

The blog is still occasionally updated with a few interesting things. (A new site is in the works.)

RussoGraffix
My old art site, and one of the very first websites I ever made that still exists. Contains desktop wallpapers made by both my daughter & myself, screensavers, classic Winamp skins, Paintshop Pro tubes.

Free Programming Ebooks
This is my directory of free programming & technology related ebooks. My goal is to list every free programming book available on the web, in order to make it easier for the people that need them to find them.

There is absolutely no pirated books here.

Cranial Soup
My personal blog of thoughts, ideas, rants, web finds, and other misc stuff. A real mixed bag of stuff.

Mom's Cookbook
Originally started as a place to post recipes that my daughter called me up and asked for, I decided to keep it going after she moved back home and just keep posting stuff as I have the time & desire to do it...which is not all that often. Occasionally the recipes are accompanied with photos taken by my daughter.

omgplzstfukthx  
Watch what you say in public chatrooms. You could end up becoming forever trapped in a blog.  :P

I started this one when I got tired of Bash rejecting all my submissions. And, yes, there are some from our very own DonationCoder IRC channel.  :D

Read My Email  
We all have at least 1 friend that loves to forward us a ton of crap...jokes, virus warnings, hoaxes about microsoft donating burlap sacks stuffed with hay to people without a body only if you forward the email to everyone you know, etc.

Rather than forwarding this crap and becoming another annoying person that stuffs the inboxes of friends with unwanted stuff, I decided to post some of what I get here. Most of it is jokes that were sent to me by one single person...a friend's mother.  I still have about 500 of these emails from her that I haven't posted yet.  :o

So, if none of your friends send you stuff like this, or not enough of it, you can have your fill of it with mine whenever you want, without any of it cluttering your inbox.

Snailware  
A long neglected blog containing a few reviews of software that will run well on older, slower computers. (I really do need to start writing for this one again.) :-[

housetier:
hey yeah this is a great idea!

I own or operate these websites:

nrrd.dea friend and I started this as a nerd portal site, it will shortly be heading this direction againnrrd.de/dasbuchis our largest project; it is supposed to be a project to collaboratively write a book about irc, and has lately been used mostly as a personal blog of several friends. Along with putting nrrd.de back on course, Das Buch will refocus on collaboration.housetier.crew.c-base.orgis my crew page from my club c-base. The c-base reconstruction project (cbrp) is rebuilding a space station that crashed a couple of billion years ago and now lies under Berlinseculogix.comis the website of the company I work for, the company belongs to another friend of mine
I own a couple of more domains, however they are dormant have no content whatsoever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version