ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

GemX Crazy Summer Specials

(1/3) > >>

dspelley:
For anyone who still has an interest in GemX products, they're having a pretty big summer sale. Good through July 20, 2008.

$59 for the FULL do-Organizer (usually $162)
$25 for TexNotesPro (usually $50)
$10 each for all of their other applications

http://www.gemx.com/

jgpaiva:
Most probably this topic: Gemx-Missing in Action? is relevant for your choice of buying gemx products.

PS:I have nothing against/for gemx, i didn't even read the thread, i just thought i'd link to what seems like the largest thread about gemx here on DC.

dspelley:
Thanks jgpaiva! I meant to add that and just spaced out... :-[

Dormouse:
I read the other thread and it intrigued me enough to download do-Organizer.

I wouldn't use it to replace programs I rely on, but as a quick way of doing a lot of things I want to link it seems very promising. Clearly some casual programming still going on - my 60 day trial only gives me 6 days  ;D - but if the program works well enough (and I can get more out of it than I can by using other programs), I don't mind if development has stalled and support is poor.

What does trouble me though are the frequent references to bugs. If the bugs are things that don't work as they should, then I can cope with that. However, if they produce instability in the program that is another matter.

All the info in the old forum seems to have disappeared, so I was wondering if anyone can say whether the program is made unstable by the bugs or whether there is anywhere better to look for info.

Beth UK:
All the info in the old forum seems to have disappeared, so I was wondering if anyone can say whether the program is made unstable by the bugs or whether there is anywhere better to look for info.
-Dormouse (June 22, 2008, 04:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hello Dormouse,

I was originally fairly active on the GemX forum before it was closed. Have to say I don't use Do-Organizer now. To my knowledge the program was not actually unstable due to bugs although at one time there were a few very strange bugs that were allowed to drift for a long time without being fixed. One that I reported involved a so-called lock feature on notes that, when used used in a certain way, was not at all secure and revealed half the note that was supposed to be secure.

This rendered the product useless for me as I needed a secure notes feature for laptop and travelling. Not sure whether this was ever fixed.

My guess is that if the product works for you 'as is' and you are not waiting for significant updates then go for it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version