ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR Won't Start Programs - Vista

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
Note that as of 2.12.03 this has become an option -- so after you update to the next version you probably will have to go to general options tab and change launch method to method #2

bobblehead:
I have used and tested this program extensively the last few days(currently including V2.12.03), since our previous posts and found it to be the best ever in the launching/research line. As mentioned above, method #1 works fine with XP, method #2 was necessary for the Vista laptop.

I also convinced several of my friends to try it and they have had very favorable reactions. Hopefully you will get some donations and I myself hope to do so before the six months runs out. As mentioned I wrote a small review for FARR on my website (http://xrl.in/7og), and a short blurb about it in yesterday's blog (http://xrl.in/7ts). I also  added a few Donationcoder buttons throughout my site.

As mentioned on my site, I have tried a lot of launcher type programs, and this one is the best yet.

-=Geo=-
  (¯`·._.·ns¢ävË·._.·´¯)
    www.nscave.com
www.sammidoo.blogspot.com

mouser:
Thank you so much for such a nice write-up  :-* :-* :-*
It's impossible to describe how much such things help motivate me (or any coder) to keep working on a program -- it really does mean a lot to me.  Thank you.

ps. you might want to try a smaller dc image/button if you want to put one on your site, i think we have to retire those big ones.

some small ones:

and:

and:

bobblehead:
Good suggestion, I like the little white guy. 8) I will change them with tomorrows updates.

The credit is well deserved, I can tell by the latest version you have been putting a lot into it.

-=Geo=-
  (¯`·._.·ns¢ävË·._.·´¯)

jgpaiva:
So we can hunt this bug down, i've been testing the launch methods on my vista64 machine.

With the "use document launch helper utility" on,
 - method one launches everything with no problems.
 - method two can't launch .doc files decently, word opens but doesn't have any file open. Notepad files are opened correctly, and so are .lnk and executable files.

With the option  off,
 - method one launches everything correctly.
 - method two has the same effect as above.

So, one could say that in my system, the option has no effect, and the method one is preferrable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version