ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Someone MUST make a new PowerMarks program.

<< < (29/42) > >>

Outertech Support:
We are using Windows 7 Build 7057 x86 and the Linkman Firefox 3.0.8 buttons work fine with default UAC settings.

Innuendo:
I think there have been some changes in the way UAC works between 7057 and 7068. The only thing that makes me say this is I use Internet Download Accelerator with Firefox & the FlashGot extension. With 7057 clicking on download links worked as expected. With 7068 I get a UAC message to let ida.exe to make changes to my computer. I suspect there is some kind of UAC interference with Linkman as well, but no UAC message pops up for your program.

I'll be glad when Win7 hits RC status. At least things will be locked in and software developers like you can quit trying to hit a moving target.

QUICK EDIT: I want to stress that I don't blame OuterTech for things not working. I know Win7 is still in a state of flux. I don't regret buying Linkman at all...just a little frustrated things aren't 100% integrated right now.

Outertech Support:
Installed Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7068 x86 today. No changes were made after the installation. Installed Firefox 3.08 and Linkman 7.80. All Linkman buttons in Firefox are working fine.

Innuendo:
Hmm...well, thanks for taking the time to check out my problem anyway, OuterTech Guy. I shall have to dig deeper and see what's interfering. It may well be one of the other extensions I have installed. Thanks for the help.

Innuendo:
It's me again...back with more information, OuterTech Guy. It's true that the Linkman buttons in Firefox are working fine...IF I install everything to default locations. However, under my preferred way of setting things up Firefox is in D:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox, Linkman is in D:\Program Files\Linkman, and my Firefox profile is in D:\Data and Settings\Firefox.

Under that setup the Linkman buttons in Firefox do not work at all.

EDIT: Curiouser and curiouser...from a fresh install installing to my file locations does not work. However, after installing everything to default locations and then later starting Firefox with the -p parameter and pointing it to my profile in D:\Data and Settings\Firefox which did not work at all before....now everything works in regard to the Linkman buttons in Firefox! Glad I'm not the one to have to debug why it's working now and it didn't before.

Thanks again, OuterTech Guy....without your message stating that it did work with Firefox 3.08 under Windows 7 build 7068 I wouldn't have kept on with the trial and error.

EDIT2: The odd behavior seems to be an interaction between Linkman Pro and Roboform Pro. I've got it working for now. Hopefully, it will keep working.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version