ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Someone MUST make a new PowerMarks program.

<< < (25/42) > >>

cyberdiva:
Yeah, I am doing that now, at least definitely keywords.  Is there another setting in Pro for the metatags ?
-Steven Avery (March 31, 2009, 05:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hi, Steven.  The Pro version (and perhaps the Lite as well, I don't know) has checkboxes in the "Receive URLs" section of the Settings for "retrieve keywords" and "retrieve description."   I assume both rely on metatags for their info.  I've left both unchecked, preferring to add the information I deem important and helpful for my searches rather than depend on the often profuse and self-serving metatags supplied by the websites.

As for your other questions, I'm hoping that the Outertech representative wil respond. 

BTW, your remarks about Process Tamer may lead me to give that program a try, not so much for Linkman (which has always responded as fast as I could wish) but to tame or encourage other programs on my computer. 

Like Superboyac (and many others, I'm sure), I love your postings!

twinkler:
Alright, since we're piling on....

Steven, when I first read one of your posts a few months ago (maybe in the note-taking thread?), I thought "Wow, what a detailed, thoughtful, helpful, post! Who is this guy?" I've continued since then to enjoy reading a good number of your posts. Many thanks!

cyberdiva:
Since this thread started with reference to replacing Powermarks, I'd like to ask a question about Linkman related to that.  I have this vague memory of a setting in Powermarks that enabled it to use whatever supported browser was open.  I'd love to have a similar feature in Linkman.  I know that Linkman permits me to specify that a given bookmark should open with a specific computer (for example, if I say that Linkman should open bookmarks in Firefox, I can nonetheless specify in the properties that a certain bookmark should always open in, say, Internet Explorer).  That's quite useful, but what I'd really like is a setting that says Linkman should open bookmarks in whatever browser is open.  (If more than one browser is open, Linkman could handle it in one of two ways: either 1) ask the user to select the browser to use, or 2) use the browser specified in the Settings in "user defined.")  Am I right in thinking that such a feature doesn't currently exist?  Could it be implemented?

J-Mac:
Since this thread started with reference to replacing Powermarks, I'd like to ask a question about Linkman related to that.  I have this vague memory of a setting in Powermarks that enabled it to use whatever supported browser was open.  I'd love to have a similar feature in Linkman.  I know that Linkman permits me to specify that a given bookmark should open with a specific computer (for example, if I say that Linkman should open bookmarks in Firefox, I can nonetheless specify in the properties that a certain bookmark should always open in, say, Internet Explorer).  That's quite useful, but what I'd really like is a setting that says Linkman should open bookmarks in whatever browser is open.  (If more than one browser is open, Linkman could handle it in one of two ways: either 1) ask the user to select the browser to use, or 2) use the browser specified in the Settings in "user defined.")  Am I right in thinking that such a feature doesn't currently exist?  Could it be implemented?
-cyberdiva (March 31, 2009, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, this has been mentioned, and yes it is there in Linkman. At least I see it in the Pro version. Tools>Settings>Browser: List all your browsers here; first is "User-Defined".  Then, Tools>Settings>Launch URLs: Top left box entitled, "Launch URLs with:"

Jim

cyberdiva:
Yes, this has been mentioned, and yes it is there in Linkman. At least I see it in the Pro version. Tools>Settings>Browser: List all your browsers here; first is "User-Defined".  Then, Tools>Settings>Launch URLs: Top left box entitled, "Launch URLs with:"
-J-Mac (March 31, 2009, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hi, Jim.  I think I probably didn't make myself sufficiently clear.  I know that Linkman will work with a variety of browsers, and I know that I can go into Settings and tell it which browser to use.  But what I'd like is for it to simply use whichever supported browser I happen to have open.  Thus, if I've set it so that it should open bookmarks with Firefox but I happen to have Opera open instead, I'd like to be able to have it work with Opera without my having to go back into Settings and change things.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version