ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Someone MUST make a new PowerMarks program.

<< < (14/42) > >>

patteo:
Nevertheless, as I said, tomorrow I'll try compiling my script and see if I can attach it to a button for the Firefox users who want one.
-twinkler (September 13, 2008, 03:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Twinkler, I've been off this thread for a little while as I've been too busy. I would like to refocus this thread back to Powermarks work arounds.

Have you managed to compile the script and attached it to a button for us Firefox users ? Thanks

vizacc:
hi,
one of our staff here wrote this:

[attach=#2][/attach]

[attach=#1][/attach]

based on keywords instead of folders.

when you surf to this site, it also auto-logon for you.

coming shortly, will start beta test soon.

liberal license agreement. install on as many PCs as you want*

* may be subject to change without notice

patteo:
superboyac, I suggest doing the following:

1. in your Powermarks options, in the Startup section, check "Start Powermarks when Windows starts"
2. in your Powermarks options, in the Hotkeys section, set "Add bookmark from browser" to alt+ctrl+=
3. if you haven't already, install AutoHotkey and read the tutorial for basic info on how it works
4. create a new file called hotkeys.ahk, copy the code below into it (modified for your hotkey), and save it
5. set the hotkey to be defined for your system at startup by adding a shortcut to hotkeys.ahk to your startup folder
6. reboot

--- ---^+=::
   Clipsave = %Clipboard%                    ; save the current clipboard contents
   WinActivate Firefox                       ; move to the Firefox window
   WinWaitActive Firefox                     ; wait until the Firefox window is active
   Send !d^c                                 ; copy the page's URL
   Send !^=                                  ; simulate the hotkey for "Add bookmark from browser"
   WinWaitActive Bookmark Properties         ; wait until the new blank powermark appears
   Send {Tab}                                ; move to the URL field
   ControlGetFocus, ControlName              ; wait until we're at the URL field
   loop
   {
      if ControlName = Edit7
         break
      sleep 50
      ControlGetFocus, ControlName
   }
   Send ^v                                   ; paste in the URL
   Send !f                                   ; hit the Fetch button
   WinWaitActive Updating Powermark          ; wait until the fetch finishes
   ControlGetText, ButtonText, Button1
   loop
   {
      if ButtonText = OK
         break
      sleep 50
      ControlGetText, ButtonText, Button1
   }
   Send {Enter}                              ; close the fetch window
   WinWaitActive Bookmark Properties         ; wait until the fetch window closes
   Send {Tab}{Del}^+{End}{Del}               ; delete the fetched keywords so I can enter my own
   Clipboard = %Clipsave%                    ; restore the previous clipboard contents
   return
Now, Powermarks and AutoHotkey will run in the background. Hitting shift+ctrl+= will run the code associated with that hotkey. One of the things that code will do is simulate pressing alt+ctrl+=, which you've set in Powermarks as the hotkey to add a bookmark. You don't have to mess with compiling the script.
-twinkler (September 16, 2008, 02:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

A: Additional line needed for code
I found that it is necessary to add this line to the top of the script

SetTitleMatchMode 2

The reason is that if you do not, then autohotkey will not be able to find the Firefox window unless Firefox appears as the first word in the title bar.

See extract of the autohotkey help file below
----------------
Sets the matching behavior of the WinTitle parameter in commands such as WinWait.

SetTitleMatchMode, MatchMode
SetTitleMatchMode, Fast|Slow

Parameters
MatchMode
 One of the following digits or the word RegEx:

1: A window's title must start with the specified WinTitle to be a match.
2: A window's title can contain WinTitle anywhere inside it to be a match.
3: A window's title must exactly match WinTitle to be a match.
-----------------

B: Errors in Powermarks Bld 387 menus and also in the help file (Shortcut Keys portion)

Another point to note is that in Powermarks Bld 387, the second and third items are incorrectly labeled. The hotkeys are also incorrect. Crtl+Ins does not work and should have been Alt+ A instead

Add from Clipboard          Alt+A
Fast Add from Clipboard   Crtl+Ins

In fact they are both the same items so the correct labels are :

Fast Add from Clipboard    Alt+A
Fast Add from Clipboard    Alt+A

Note that in the help file, which has not changed since Bld 344, the help file says under shortcut keys says

Ctrl+Ins    Fast Add - Add bookmark from browser with no editing
Alt+Ins     Add URL from clipboard

In fact both the listed shortcut keys Ctrl+Ins and Alt+Ins do not work. So you can safely ignore them.

Too bad, there were no bug fixes for them

But no matter, if you follow twinkler's ahk script and just use Twinkler's shortcut hotkeys, Powermarks will work as advertised.

When I have sometime, I'll likely take a closer look at Power Favorites to determine if it is worthy of being a Powermarks alternative, or even better, hopefully surpass it.

But in the meantime, I'm at least back in Powermarks heaven.

Hopefully, someone will find a way to create a button for Firefox, to attach a autohotkey command to it.

Outertech Support:
Just released Linkman 7.60 (Freeware and Shareware versions available).

Here is a screenshot of the Firefox 3 integration (IE intergration is similar to this).

100 Page PDF Manual: http://www.outertech.com/files/linkman.pdf

More information here:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=12687.75

Outertech Support:
We have a new Linkman Build (7.6.0.16) available.

Among further improvements to Firefox 3 and Internet Explorer integration we have also created an introductory Linkman video.

Video:

http://www.outertech.com/linkman_firststeps_firefox.wmv

Direct download:

http://www.outertech.com/files/linkmanpro.zip

Webpage of Freeware version:

http://linkmanfree.outertech.com

Webpage of Shareware version:

http://linkmanpro.outertech.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page