ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Someone MUST make a new PowerMarks program.

<< < (13/42) > >>

markstone:
I have tried Power Favourites but find the lack of a last visited column restrictive
Also the lack of time added in the Add date column
miTaggedMarks imported the times visited strait from powermarks Power Favourites didn't
I also find the lack of the rating column annoying
-Eno (October 22, 2008, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

The new version has added the feature for customize column. Import the times visited from powermarks is also added now.

For everyone interested in a Powermarks replacement, Power Favorites is really close.  That's my official word.
-superboyac (October 23, 2008, 06:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you, Superboyac. Your words inspire me to code more. :)

TucknDar:
Kudos to you, markstone, for listening to user feedback and requests! That's always nice and by no means something all software developers do :Thmbsup:

thorazine74:
Regarding PowerMarks, I tried it and at first sight I see three big limitations with it:

- When importing from Firefox, if you have several profiles, it chooses just one, without letting you import the other profiles' bookmarks.
 - All imported bookmarks end up in the tree root. A choice to select where do you want the imported bookmarks to be put would be nice.
 - I didnt find any way to reorganize folders: drag and drop doesnt work in the folder tree frame, and only bookmark items show up in the right frame.

patteo:
In case anyone is interested.

Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily.

Power Favorites is a bookmark manager for Windows that helps you organize and synchronize your bookmarks. It takes bookmarks from Internet Explorer, Firefox or Opera, merges them into one file, and automatically synchronizes them between computers. You can use it to detect dead links and duplicates if you have many bookmarks.

Active Giveaway time left: 23 hours 50 minutes"
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

TexasT:
Regarding PowerMarks, I tried it and at first sight I see three big limitations with it:
[snip]
 - All imported bookmarks end up in the tree root. A choice to select where do you want the imported bookmarks to be put would be nice.
 - I didnt find any way to reorganize folders: drag and drop doesnt work in the folder tree frame, and only bookmark items show up in the right frame.
-thorazine74 (October 25, 2008, 05:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's just the beauty of Powermarks: it does not use folders at all!  :)  It uses keywords and an incredibly efficient and lightning-fast search engine. As you start to type a keyword, bookmarks start dropping off the list if they don't have those characters in their keywords.

You can also tag keywords and use those as "folders" if you wish, because they show up on the left pane, and if you clic on a tagged keyword, all bookmarks labeled with it will show on the screen.

If you've ever used Gmail with its tags instead of folders, you'll understand the Powermarks system -- one huge difference is that the PM search is much better than Gmail's, since it's instant and incremental.

Powermarks also does not allow duplicate URLs, so you don't have to worry about weeding them out. If you bookmark something that's already there, it'll pop up the existing bookmark window so you can add keywords or comments, etc.

Once you've used Powermarks for a while, going back to organizing in folders seems like a huge step back into the age of dinosaurs.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version