ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

new farr: aliases now requiring [enter] twice

<< < (4/4)

ottenm:
My bad, incorrectly recalled there being a global activation key, with the rest of the hotkey tab as separate.

Meanwhile: I did find the ini file and there is a backup in there, but it is an empty file.  It kind of seems like the installer may have done this.  I've been using farr all morning, and for months before, without touching the ini file or that directory.  I did the new install, and now the previous settings seem gone.

Thanks for the help and update Mouser, I'm sure I'll get back on track.

mouser:
It kind of seems like the installer may have done this.
--- End quote ---

i wonder if somehow when the installer forced FARR to exit it caused the ini file to get corrupted.
the farr code specifically wont overwrite the past ini file until it knows its saved it successfully but then i did change the ini file writing code recently and maybe something got messed up there.

HOWEVER:
go in your FARR directory
and look for a subfolder named: BackupIni
you might be (pleasently?) surprised by how many backup ini files are in there :)

the truth is i became paranoid about the thought of people losing their ini files at one point and so did this backup ini
the irony/problem is that this was really motivated mainly by the fear that people would lose their ALIAS definitions, but now aliases are stored in separate files so this wont help in that case.  i might need to backup alias user alias files.

ottenm:
Just because you are paranoid Mouser, doesn't mean they are not after you.

All of the last (4? 5?) updates have forced FARR to exit, and no problem until this one.

Although my most recent BackupIni file was 0 bytes, the one before had everything and all is restored perfectly at this time.  Perfection.  That is what I get from FARR, a *very* high percentage of the time.

As always, thank you!  And have a great day!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version