ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

new farr: aliases now requiring [enter] twice

(1/4) > >>

ottenm:
I have just upgraded to the latest farr and now my aliases do not launch when they are the top item in the result list.  Instead, when I hit enter to launch them, if I haven't typed the complete name, all that happens is the rest of the Group Alias Name gets pasted up where I am typing and the result list is filtered to reflect that.  Then, when I hit enter the second time it actually launches.  Most everything else, including aliases where I have typed the entire Group Alias Name, are working as they used to (launch on enter, whatever item is at the top of the results list).

Related (?): When I'm using fcalc (also newly updated) and hit [enter], it used to just add the current expression/result to the result list below.  Now, it closes out fcalc, replaces what I've typed with "fc", and shows a farr result list containing everything with "fc" in it.

Thanks for any help-

jgpaiva:
I don't know about the first thing you mentioned, but i can answer about fcalc:
Have you changed the default name of fcalc? Because it always acted like that, when you press enter, it saves the expression, clears the entrybox and types "fc" again, so that fcalc is launched again. Possibly, if you have changed the name from "fc" to "fcalc" or something like that, it types "fc" but that isn't a match for fcalc again.

mouser:
I have just upgraded to the latest farr and now my aliases do not launch when they are the top item in the result list.  Instead, when I hit enter to launch them, if I haven't typed the complete name, all that happens is the rest of the Group Alias Name gets pasted up where I am typing and the result list is filtered to reflect that.
--- End quote ---

yes i noticed that too.. will fix in update next couple of days.

Related (?): When I'm using fcalc (also newly updated) and hit [enter], it used to just add the current expression/result to the result list below.  Now, it closes out fcalc, replaces what I've typed with "fc", and shows a farr result list containing everything with "fc" in it.
--- End quote ---

jgp's explanation seems likely to me.

ottenm:
Well, a month has gone by and I have never sorted this out.  I don't know if I have changed the "default name" or not (image below).  I did change the Regular Expression so it would open on "=".  But it does not come up one the list if I type "fc" or "fcalc", so when I hit enter from inside fcalc (by habit) and hope to stay in fcalc, I get dropped out to the FARR command line with "fc" typed in and unrelated results in the result list.  Is it somewhere else I would have changed the default name (and could change it back)?  Should I not be using "=", or is there not a way to use "=" and have the "fc" trigger fcalc to restart?

Thanks for any help.

jgpaiva:
When I mentioned "default name", I meant the "alias (override)" field. Sorry for not being specific :(
Yeah, but changing the Regular Expression has that same effect.
This is indeed a problem that can only be changed by modifying fcalc, so I'll let mouser answer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version