topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:27 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: [FIXED TOPIC] TrackMania Nations Forever - Free, fun, and totally awesome!  (Read 37816 times)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
btw, can your tracks be used for network play instead of online? and echoing Shades here: where is the download link? :)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
What you do is get online at the same time as wreckedcarzz and play with him via local (Hamachi) or internet.

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Yea, I can host servers via my computer right here - so that's what I do. I might put them up for download, but right now all you have to do is give me a bump (IM or something) that you want to race, I'll put the server into motion, and when you connect, Trackmania downloads the track from my PC and (if activated) calculates the shadows for the track. Then your off!

And the tracks work for LAN and Internet. I've hosted without internet entirely (Intranet I guess), and have hosted servers where people around the world join. Great fun! :)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
that sounds great but currently TrackMania is installed on a PC with no broadband so i thought i'd give it a spin over the local network with some of the mates. maybe i'll get to install it on a broadband-enabled PC one of these days. :)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Yeah, unfortunately, I haven't found a way to easily share tracks. Even if you connect online and play the tracks, they aren't saved to your computer. :-(

You could always zip them up and offer them for download for us, wreckedcarzz! :Thmbsup:

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I might zip them, I am in the process of organizing them in categories. Problem is, I am always adding more ;D

Let me see if I can get my collection synchronized and organized, and I'll see about posting 'em up here :)

(Bump this topic if I don't post in a day or so, I forget easily :P)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Blah! BUMP!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have Trackmania United Forever (the "full" version of Trackmania Nations Forever) - if anyone is interested, I am doing Xfire Broadcasts of it (Xfire needed).

An Xfire Broadcast is simply an almost-live (because of internet speeds and latency) video/audio (because I'm so nice and I use my CPU cycles to add audio, too :P) stream onto the Xfire Broadcast website. All you need to do to watch is have Xfire installed and be logged in, IM me to have me start the Broadcast (or just to let me know your coming, if someone else is already watching) go to the above link, login to the webpage (it doesn't sync client <-> website logins), and find my video (you have to be on my friends list to watch, however; its my usual username :)).

When you connect it will add you to the video chat room, so no need to IM me separately after just letting me know your interested. I'm more than happy to show you what's different in United vs Nations, along with anything else that I can in-game; it is a really great upgrade, and IMO is worth it all. It would definably be a blast to get a couple DC friends on the new environments and see what else can be made outside of the Stadium!

NOTE: The video system needs ActiveX or a FF plugin (only IE/FF are supported). IMO it would be easier to use IE for it.

Last second edit: More info here: http://www.xfire.com...faq/#FAQ_category_32

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Yeah, unfortunately, I haven't found a way to easily share tracks. Even if you connect online and play the tracks, they aren't saved to your computer. :-(

I found out how to download the tracks to your computer. When you're playing someone else's map online you can press ESC to bring up the menu and one of the options is to save the track. :Thmbsup:

I also got the full version of Trackmania at 50% off from Steam's Christmas sale.

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
o_O I didn't know about that option :P

I need to fix UploadForever and DownloadForever sometime soon (spring break, maybe) and get them up here - I haven't forgotten!