topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:51 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: TrackMania Nations Forever - free, fun, and totally awesome  (Read 6207 times)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Alright, I figured I should get the DC Gamers Club back up and doing stuff again because the Sauerbraten server is still offline.

TrackMania is an arcade racing game that allows players to build and play on their own tracks, or the pre-built ones in a single player mode. Deozaan and I have been racing each other on my tracks for a month or so now, and it can get really exciting and fun. The Nations Forever (free) version gives you one car (F1), one environment (stadium), and a set of building tools. The game's multiplayer is "where it's at". Think your up to it? Think again. :)

I currently have 26 tracks, 3 are made by friends - they range from quick 13 second acceleration challenges to downhill handling thrills, to loop-the-loops at 800MPH (yes, 800MPH!!), to pick-and-choose checkpoint races, to what you would never expect to be thought of as a race track. And I build more every day. All my tracks have anti-cheat layouts within them, so don't try ;)

I host both LAN (Hamachi) and Online (full internet) servers, usually late night USA West Coast time (-7GMT, no DST). I am always on Xfire and Pidgin if you want to race. Take warning though, while it is always MARGINAL (yes MARGINAL), Deozaan almost always beats me. You really don't wanna make him mad during a match ;D (unless you like seeing nothing but a smoke plume and your rank dropping to rock-bottom)

There is a screenshot attached that lists all the tracks I have - along with a small image overview of the track. The images do NOT do the tracks justice, but it gives you some idea to the layout and how each one flows. It also has the best time I have gotten on the tracks (most of them I don't really try to get good times on anymore because I only do multiplayer, and it doesn't "count" towards the best time unless you in Solo mode).

Still think your up to it? :lol: Read about it at http://www.trackmania.com/ or get it now at http://www.gamershel...download_24766.shtml

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: TrackMania Nations Forever - free, fun, and totally awesome
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 03:39 AM »
Alright, I figured I should get the DC Gamers Club back up and doing stuff again because the Sauerbraten server is still offline.

TrackMania is an arcade racing game that allows players to build and play on their own tracks, or the pre-built ones in a single player mode. Deozaan and I have been racing each other on my tracks for a month or so now, and it can get really exciting and fun. The Nations Forever (free) version gives you one car (F1), one environment (stadium), and a set of building tools. The game's multiplayer is "where it's at". Think your up to it? Think again. :)

I currently have 26 tracks, 3 are made by friends - they range from quick 13 second acceleration challenges to downhill handling thrills, to loop-the-loops at 800MPH (yes, 800MPH!!), to pick-and-choose checkpoint races, to what you would never expect to be thought of as a race track. And I build more every day. All my tracks have anti-cheat layouts within them, so don't try ;)

I host both LAN (Hamachi) and Online (full internet) servers, usually late night USA West Coast time (-7GMT, no DST). I am always on Xfire and Pidgin if you want to race. Take warning though, while it is always MARGINAL (yes MARGINAL), Deozaan almost always beats me. You really don't wanna make him mad during a match ;D (unless you like seeing nothing but a smoke plume and your rank dropping to rock-bottom)

There is a screenshot attached that lists all the tracks I have - along with a small image overview of the track. The images do NOT do the tracks justice, but it gives you some idea to the layout and how each one flows. It also has the best time I have gotten on the tracks (most of them I don't really try to get good times on anymore because I only do multiplayer, and it doesn't "count" towards the best time unless you in Solo mode).

Still think your up to it? :lol: Read about it at http://www.trackmania.com/ or get it now at http://www.gamershel...download_24766.shtml

-Brandon

(Not sure what happened to the first post)