ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

NewEgg

<< < (3/7) > >>

f0dder:
Sorry to hear that, Deozaan!

A service I'm really fond of that post.dk offers is "Track & Trace" which, as the name implies, lets you see where your package currently is, and "what's happening to it" (e.g., "received", "misrouted", "out for final delivery"). Obviously Denmark isn't super big, and it shouldn't ever take more than 2 days for something to ship, but sh*t does happen and it's nice knowing what happened :)

wraith808:
But it's out of newegg's hands at this time, isn't it?  When you track it from the UPS site, do you get the same results?

Deozaan:
Well it arrived today (the 26th). After a few hours of messing with it I finally managed to get it to work. That in itself was such a hassle that I'm mostly just left bitter about the whole thing.

Currently copying data over. I hope my failing drive lasts long enough to make it. :)

Still, shipping on the 20th and arriving on the 26th is 7 days. Even if you subtract a day for Sunday and another day for the delivery day that's still nearly twice as long as 3-day shipping that was promised. :down:

f0dder (or any others with the knowledge): While copying data over I found out that somehow some files got flagged as "Encrypt data to protect its contents" and I can't copy the files or open them or anything. They show up green in Windows Explorer. Any idea how to decrypt these files? I have no idea how they became encrypted and they're just the stupid default themes (php) for the Vanilla forum software.

I don't have any other user accounts on this system, and I have no idea how that checkbox got ticked for all the files in there...

f0dder:
That sounds pretty strange, Deozaan! Perhaps your filesystem became slightly corrupted? Your old disk is dying, right? Never seen something like that happen, though.

I don't know particularly much about how NTFS encryption works internally, but iirc it's 3DES, and the encryption keys are stored in the registry per-user, iirc also somehow protected by your account password. Which means that once you're logged in, everything should be automagic.

Have you transferred your current harddrive from another windows install? Re-installing windows without exporting + importing the crypto keys will leave encrypted files inaccessible.

mouser:
is there a chance deo has some kind of virus or trojan? it's hard to imagine why files would get encrypted like that by accident..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version