ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

NewEgg

<< < (2/7) > >>

Deozaan:
Yeah, the tech support was for Western Digital, not NewEgg. I've never done an RMA from NewEgg before and thought you needed a case number or something, so I called.

I'm still waiting for the hard drive... I can't believe how long it's taking.

mouser:
one of the things newegg has done for me before (don't remember if i requested or they suggested), is send me a new one before i even sent old back, by charging me and then auto-refunding when they get back the rma one.

Stoic Joker:
one of the things newegg has done for me before (don't remember if i requested or they suggested), is send me a new one before i even sent old back, by charging me and then auto-refunding when they get back the rma one.
-mouser (June 24, 2008, 03:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
It's an option on the request RMA form, I did it once with an Asus Commando motherboard (no support calls required) that died a week after I got it.  Actually as I recall, they just kept the card info "on record" and never charged it because I got the Mboard back within the 2 week grace period.

...Besides there are way too many transaction fees (cost to NewEgg) to do a charge/refund.

Deozaan:
-mouser (June 24, 2008, 03:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah I did that with a bad monitor (lots of dead pixels) from TigerDirect a few years ago. But I didn't see that option during the RMA process with NewEgg.

Deozaan:
Okay this experience is starting to head toward the negative again.

I ordered the hard drive on Jun 4th because my important Documents hard drive started making clicking sounds. This means I've basically been unable to work on anything for nearly a month now because a working hard drive still has not arrived!

I got an e-mail last Friday (20th) saying the new drive shipped, using 3-Day shipping. Tracking information says it should have arrived today (the 25th). Funny how when it gets close to midnight and still no package has arrived the Estimated Arrival date just sort of disappears from the Track Order page.

To make matters worse, I'm in the process of packing everything up so I can move about 150 miles this Saturday. While I will likely have it by Friday at the latest, it would have been nice to have all this taken care of last week or even today when the tracking information said it would be arriving.

I really should have gone with TigerDirect this time. :mad: :down: >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version