topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 2:42 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Are there playlists on Adobe Media Player like Windows Media Player?  (Read 3031 times)

TomAlciere

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

It took a lot of tinkering because I had no idea what I was doing BUT I did manage to make a playlist for Windows Media Player and this is in XML, one version is at http://udadd.com/med..._school_audience.wpl

I learned how to take a playlist file that Windows Media Player authored, opened it with Notepad and saw how it was formatted, and it was easy to edit it to put in the TV news segments I wanted.

Beautiful thing is, the XML file is no different from a list of books a teacher might have a student read on Summer vacation, along with the catalog numbers by which to find them on the bookstore shelf. The teacher is not infringing any copyright. The copyright videos are on the TV stations' servers.

BIG PROBLEM: It seems the vast majority of TV stations that put their TV news video content on their websites, put in in Flash format, raising the question of whether there's a way to make a playlist for Flash. Remember, I have no idea what I'm doing and only last week downloaded Adobe Media Player.

Tom Alciere
Webmaster, Underage Drinkers Against Drunk Driving