ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 3 Released

<< < (20/21) > >>

tomos:
dont know where to post this - re the forum here & how it shows in FF3 in particular

I open unread posts page
open links of interest in the background
when I click on those tabs that were opened in the background, there's a noticeable jump - the page (and text?) reduces in size like something slotting into place -
anyone else experiencing this ??

I've only seen it with dc on FF3 but saying that, I've only tried a couple other forums, otherwise not had any similar trouble with other sites

f0dder:
tomos: don't think I've had that, but perhaps something related? Sometimes when I switch to another tab, it's as if another tab than the one I'm selecting is rendered for a very short time, and then I get to the correct tab. Haven't looked into what it takes to reproduce, as it doesn't happen very often.

dmtrs:
when I click on those tabs that were opened in the background, there's a noticeable jump - the page (and text?) reduces in size like something slotting into place -
-tomos (July 09, 2008, 06:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

This looks like the zoom memory, where, by default, the zoom setting is remembered per site (and across sections). It is a new feature in Firefox 3.

To check, you can reset the zoom for donationcoder.com (Ctrl+0, or View > Zoom > Reset).

Zoom memory can be disabled via about:config:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.zoom.siteSpecific

tomos:
This looks like the zoom memory, where, by default, the zoom setting is remembered per site (and across sections). It is a new feature in Firefox 3.

To check, you can reset the zoom for donationcoder.com (Ctrl+0, or View > Zoom > Reset)
-dmtrs (July 09, 2008, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
that's it all right dmtrs, thanks :up:

strange that it decided to resize one site and not most others - or not in f0dder's Firefox for example !!
Just checking: so if I set zoom to 120% for dc, yes, it does remember ...

I would reckon it was previously at about 110% or less (-I work with scales so I'm a good guage ;)) and when I clicked on the tab it jumped back to 100% (or 10% less :D)
anyways, sorted now, thanks

f0dder:
tomos: it's actually a feature of FF3, that it remembers zoom per domain, not browser-wide or per-tab... I quite like the feature, since some sites use ludicrously small fonts :). Guess it might explain my behavior as well... yep, just tested, indeed it does - if I change zoom for one open DC tab and switch to another, first it renders (or shows cached render?) with the original zoom, then quickly re-renders to the new zoom level.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version