ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 3 Released

<< < (7/21) > >>

Ehtyar:
About:config->extensions.checkCompatibility=false
-CGA (June 17, 2008, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
Too dangerous for me, would be easy to accidentally forget about it and end up downloading an old extension that really messed with your browser, then as soon as you turn it off all the old addons stop working. But nice note though, I'll confess i didn't know about it :P

Ehtyar.

Ehtyar:
For the ones that provide simple operations, you can quite easily upgrade it yourself with little risk to your browser (test it in the portable version perhaps) by unzipping the xpi with an application like 7zip, opening the install.rdf in a text editor, and changing the <em:maxVersion> to 3.0.0.* then repacking it and dragging it into your browser window.
-Ehtyar (June 17, 2008, 04:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
Tested and successful in Portable Firefox 3.0 with Go to Selection. Also, in order to run Portable Firefox concurrently with 2.0, copy the FirefoxPortable.ini from the Other\Source directory into the root directory, and change AllowMultipleInstances to true (also change DisableSplashScreen to true :P).

Ehtyar.

f0dder:
More or less just installed, it seems a bit snappier - though the real stress test will be 8 hours with facebook, that used to cause ff2 to slug down to a crawl. FireBug and MouseLessBrowsing aren't FF3 compatible yet it seems, my other extensions didn't complain.

Ehtyar:
I'm missing TabMixPlus something cruel, but other than that I'm OK.

Ehtyar.

Lashiec:
Whoa...

13kb/s on a 1G cable connection... :stars:
-Edvard (June 17, 2008, 02:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hah, I can better that. 2 KB/s, just like in the 33.6 K days (the good days, that is)

Now let's see if all extensions have been updated, and if I can find a decent theme, the default is fugly. I hope someone ports Winstripe, but for now Vista and Mac OS X users sure have things easier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version