ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 3 Released

<< < (6/21) > >>

Ehtyar:
I'm thinking the best strategy is to wait a couple of weeks for the situation with Extensions to settle down. What do you think?
-CWuestefeld (June 17, 2008, 04:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
I can't say i disagree there. Most of the major ones will be done within a few days, as is usual for them. However, i daresay that a lot of those tiny ones you come to rely on may even never be ported.
For the ones that provide simple operations, you can quite easily upgrade it yourself with little risk to your browser (test it in the portable version perhaps) by unzipping the xpi with an application like 7zip, opening the install.rdf in a text editor, and changing the <em:maxVersion> to 3.0.0.* then repacking it and dragging it into your browser window.

Ehtyar.

jgpaiva:
Nice tip about the version, Ehtyar!

CGA:
About:config->extensions.checkCompatibility=false

Ehtyar:
Nice tip about the version, Ehtyar!
-jgpaiva (June 17, 2008, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
You're most welcome. I just had a poke around on the net, and it seems this info isn't really out there. I should do some quick testing before i start posting as though it's gospel. I'll reply back shortly.

Ehtyar.

Darwin:
Tom - I just installed it and it overwrote Firefox 2... no big deal as I would have uninstalled 2 anyway. FWIW, it gives you the option to change installation path - default (under XP) is c:\program files\mozilla firefox...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version