ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Dumb question re Website Watcher

<< < (3/3)

Darwin:
I use a similar application to monitor sites for changes - job postings sites, software development sites (to be alerted about updates/new releases), blogs, etc. Website Watcher won the website change monitoring tool award in the donationcoder review. Read the review - it'll give you a lot of ideas as to how to use this application.

Curt:
Curt, you should contact the developer of UpdatePatrol to get help. -bitbrain (August 24, 2007, 01:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

- in the end  he contacted me!

Does UpdatePatrol do what you need?
If you miss something, please let me know!

Bitberry Software    Hello again, Brian from Bitberry Software here.

I'm currently planning what to include in the next major update of UpdatePatrol, and I'd like to hear your opinion.

This is your chance to influence what is included in UpdatePatrol 4.0.

What do you use UpdatePatrol for?
I'm sincerely interested in getting to know what you use UpdatePatrol for. What kind of sites are you monitoring and how is it helping you or your business?

Please help me understand what problems UpdatePatrol solves for you and helps you with.

Getting access to this information will help me improve UpdatePatrol to help you even better.

What do you miss the most?
What is the most important thing you would like to see added to UpdatePatrol? Please let me know!

I cannot guarantee that all requested features are added in version 4.0, but your feedback will help me a lot to decide which ones to include.

Need to upgrade or change your email preferences?
Visit the Customer Portal at http://www.bitberry.com/cc.login.html.
--- End quote ---

Well, one feature I surely will recommend him to add  is  to warn the customers when their license is about to expire: Mine expired two weeks ago, and I didn't know until today when I tried to update!  :mad:  :down:

http://www.updatepatrol.com/

Shades:
There is some irony in your last post Curt ;D

Curt:
 ;)  yes, ironi is not as hard as sarcasm...

I have to admit that I haven't used the program for more than half a year, so maybe the program itself would tell me that the license was about to expire? I don't know. So, in reality, my request may have exposed my ignorance!

mwb1100:
so maybe the program itself would tell me that the license was about to expire? I don't know.
-Curt (July 30, 2008, 09:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Heh - when installed it does initially have a configuration that monitors the update announcement webpage.  I also missed out on the most recent update by one day - I knew of the update from when it was posted, but just didn't get around to downloading it.  When I went to try, I found that my subscription had expired the day before.

Oh well - I'm not sure how important the update is.  At some point I'll look to see if the paid upgrade will be worthwhile.

edit: removed reference to BitsDuJour - turns out I didn't buy it through BDJ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version