ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

How to get best juice out of FARR?

(1/4) > >>

kartal:
No I do not know the answer but I was hoping that someone like mouser could give us some straight tips for increasing speed of search especially. It would be great if someone can give us the best heuristic score settings.

d4ni:
I assume mouser's recommended heuristic score settings are the default settings, actually ;)

mouser:
This doesn't quite get at your question but I'm going to try to make some screencast demos in the next week or so showing all the various features of FARR.  I hope it will be a good intro to some of the things FARR can do that people don't know about.

kartal:
Well maybe that is the main problem that is causing slow search hits that people(including myself) are reporting.  The funny thing is that Farr is sometimes very fast sometimes very slow(even sometimes searching the same item) and I myself cannot pinpoint the issue.

I assume mouser's recommended heuristic score settings are the default settings, actually ;)
-d4ni (June 17, 2008, 06:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Armando:
I'm having the same problem Kartal has : sometimes even high scored items appear afterwards (chronologically speaking) and I have to wait a fairly long time before they actually appear. I wonder if this is caused by the fact that my history list is quite long (990 items)? Is farr searching folders + history list in parallel? I've checked the history list itself and I'm not seeing anything weird (no duplicates, etc.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version