ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How can I get hard drive space... without deleting (my) stuff?

<< < (4/7) > >>

kartal:
You can also try free http://www.saleensoftware.com/FilePro.aspx  to find out what is eating up your Hd space.

f0dder:
Combining partitions? It's possible, but there's so many things that can go wrong, so you shouldn't do it unless you have all your data from both partitions backed up... and if you had the means to back it up, you would probably have another drive lying around already.

If you're in the .us, you can get a 320gig drive for less than $70...

wreckedcarzz:
Alright, now I am confused...

Would it be better to just "combine" the two, or wipe and delete the 2nd and extend the first to take the space? Everything is backed up, and I wouldn't *MIND* a reformat, but I would prefer to keep everything intact.

Target:
can you clarify for us just exactly what it is you're trying to do (cos I'm unsure)

It's probably more practical to delete the second (empty) partition and extend your primary instead of trying to 'combine' the 2

however there's nothing to stop you from installing new apps to the second partition (I install all my games to a second drive which is equivalent to using another partition...)

The only fly here is if there is insufficient space on your primary for any files that must be installed to your primary (C?) drive

wreckedcarzz:
I need to get rid of the D:\ drive altogether.

I can grab a Vista DVD (I have several) and delete the D:\ parition, but my question is... how do I make C:\ use the new "unallocated" space?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version