topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:08 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: First Impressions of DonationCoder.com, and yours?  (Read 6371 times)

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
First Impressions of DonationCoder.com, and yours?
« on: April 18, 2005, 11:32 PM »
I'm Zaine Ridling and I support DonationCoder.com with small donations, and you should too. Here's why. I donated — and will continue to do so — because I know exactly how much research and meticulous writing that goes into one of these exhaustive reviews. I work with developers around the world to provide feedback and bug reports of their software. Some would say that's beta testing, but it goes further and is much more involved than you can imagine, and it is among other things, time-intensive. What DonationCoder.com is doing is unique. The review content is objective; that is, DonationCoder.com is critically honest in each of its reviews and fair to apps that didn't make the cut. Pointing out weaknesses as well as strengths is rare; most reviewers only tend to do one or the other.

I see DonationCoder.com as not only an extension of my site, but a resource that should be supported. What we have in DonationCoder.com is a well-integrated set of complementary sites that allows users to examine software from many different angles — price, value, performance, feature sets, security, user reviews, testing, competition within class, and so on. There are sites that do a few of those, but none as comprehensive as DonationCoder.com has already managed.

I'd like to think DonationCoder.com was created in response to demand, and to an absence of quality extended reviews online — better than traditional newsletter content and magazine review sites loaded with annoying ads. DonationCoder.com is produced by a staff of highly skilled, seasoned, and knowledgeable group of great software professionals.

Regarding donations, I suggest small, affordable donations, whatever you can afford. If DonationCoder.com has helped you save money on an application or helped you make a more informed choice, consider applying part of your savings to help support the site. Developers will be reading DonationCoder.com's reviews and perusing its forums for tips on how to improve their software. So add your two cents and make your voice heard.

So I urge you to spread the word about DonationCoder.com and be a part of something new, exciting, and cool.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: First Impressions of DonationCoder.com, and yours?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 12:33 AM »
thank you very much zaine for the kind words - makes me happy :)
i hope we can live up to your expectations.  and anyone who hasn't already been to zaine's software site and blog page, you're missing out!