ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Philips Flat TV 20"

<< < (2/3) > >>

gogogadgetscott:
Notice that the Philips has a panel resolution of 640 x 480. The is the best pc resolution you can use without the text looking like worms. If you are sure about a TV Tuner/LCD, check out Vizio. I belief they are the best deal out there. Their 20 in has a panel resolution of 1366 x 768. http://www.vizio.com/products/detail.aspx?pid=52

f0dder:
Just about any TFT monitor made today will be fine for your needs - the only thing you really need to specify is which resolution you want it to be (ie, 1280x1024, 1600x1200, whatever). You say you don't need gaming or TV, so you're obviously not going to need a TV tuner in it.

I have a couple of 17" Acer TFTs, running 1280x1024 - solid, clear, crisp and flickerfree, and pretty cheap as well.

tomos:
I am looking for a very good office monitor (text editing, emails, browsing) and nothing else like tv and gaming.
-Babis (June 16, 2008, 05:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

have a look at the LCD thread
Scroll down to post #2 (it's a long way down .)) where they have recommendations for various uses ranging in price from $230* to $1400 or so!

OFFICE WORK (word processing/spreadsheet/PowerPoint)
High contrast at medium brightness
Good text reproduction
Matte display coating* also Acer

Babis:

Thanks

Deozaan:
640x480 spread over 20 inches?  :stars:

I guess that would be good if you have vision problems, but other than that it would really, really suck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version