Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 23, 2014, 03:04:03 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Another Bits du Jour version  (Read 3139 times)
Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: June 14, 2008, 07:35:38 AM »

http://www.wisecleaner.com/discountstore.html seems to be a copy of http://www.bitsdujour.com/
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 07:38:44 AM »

"A verbatim copy of", or just a similar site?

- carpe noctem
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 07:49:49 AM »

Incredible, it's really a verbatim copy!
Now that's something i'd never seen. Maybe the people at bitsdujour should be warned?
I'm not sure if it's bad for them, though smiley

Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 07:57:42 AM »

I *guess* the owners could turn out to be the same persons / company.
PhilB66
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 07:58:21 AM »

Incredible, it's really a verbatim copy!
Now that's something i'd never seen. Maybe the people at bitsdujour should be warned?
I'm not sure if it's bad for them, though smiley

I do't think it's necessary... read the About Us page. It's powered by iconico.

Here's the details... http://www.bitsdujour.com/partnerStoreInfo/
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 08:01:16 AM by PhilB66 » Logged
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 08:10:04 AM »

Oh, interesting, i've learned something new today smiley
Thanks for the explanation Phil!

f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 08:16:49 AM »

Hm... is it just me, or is that pretty lame? Why wouldn't you just go to BitsDuJour? I hate the whole idea of "resellers" >_<

- carpe noctem
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 08:20:59 AM »

f0dder: it's a way for them to get market on audiences that they might not get without this partnership.
I guess that if DC asked them for that partnership, they probably wouldn't accept because they already get people from DC to go directly to their site. (on the other hand.. that's only for forum readers, and this partnership would get them site/blog viewers too).

Perry Mowbray
N.A.N.Y. Organizer
Charter Member

Thoughtful Scribbles

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 09:04:58 AM »

Hm... is it just me, or is that pretty lame? Why wouldn't you just go to BitsDuJour? I hate the whole idea of "resellers" >_<

Not dissimilar to showing the headlines of some News Site on your site though? Why wouldn't you go straight to the news site?

As jgpaiva said: it's all about greater audiences. It's putting the baited hook in front of people who may buy because they see it (rather than searching for it because they want it): and obviously the more people that see it, the more may bite!

Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 01:22:41 PM »

- yes, of course. If the visitor clicks the top head mounted "Buy Now" (not the big green button) he will not be offered to purchase today's offer, but the WiseCleaner Pro products.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.034s | Server load: 0.11 ]