ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Insert date and time into internet explorer - or other text field

<< < (2/3) > >>

brotman:
Skrommel.

Thanks for the code. I' imported it into notepad and saved it as  .AHK, but I can't seem to make it work!  The tray Icon appears but Selecting a date or double clicking, or selecting timestamp on the context menu seems to provide no result (nothing in open window (notepad e.g.) and nothing in the clipboard.  What am I missing??????? :'( 

PhilB66:
F1 or F2 would do it.

brotman:
Oooh,

That does seem to work a whole lot better!!!!   :Thmbsup:

see?:  18:29:41 -saturday14.06.2008 - d166 w24

that is exactly what i need even the day and week numbers (which weren't in my original request)

I stand amazed!   (well actually I sit amazed) But, I must say how impressed  I am with the rapid turn around from idea to working code I know you call it one-hour-coding, but I didn't realize you meant it literally....  :greenclp:

Thanks again!  :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Chuck

brotman:
Hi,

I'm back. theset date pgm works very well thank you! Now, I'd like to distribute it to a computer which does not have the AHK
Program.  I've compiled the .ahk file to an exe. My questions are:
  1) Do I need any permissions from you (skrommel) to redistribute?
  2) Do I need to bring the ini file to  the new PC or does the exe file already contain it?
  3) Any other hints or hints about installing the exe file???

Thanks again,
Chuck
14:24:57 -wednesday18.06.2008 - d170 w25

skrommel:
 :) I've corrected a bunch of errors in the code above!

About redistribution, as long as it's for free, no problem.
The ini file is autogenerated when TimeStamp can't find one, so either edit the code to your liking, or include the ini file.

Skrommel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version