ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Feature request: Quick stay on top button

(1/1)

kartal:
I use Farr without stay on top option. But once in a while I want to keep it on top of other windows. I normally have a script running that would let me keep windows on top if needed. Since Farr does not have any standard top right windows buttons except "close" my script is useless(I manage on top option by middle clicking on minimize). I can modify my script but I personally hate to have exceptions to keep things consistent and simple. So it would be really cool if Farr has a stay on top button (a pin icon for example) that sits next to close would be great.

thanks

lanux128:
i guess this is only temporary since you already use Farr without the "Force FARR window on top" option. have you tried the "Always Maintain Focus" option?

kartal:
I know those and I have tried them. As I said thou I like the way my setup is at the moment. I just need stay on top once in a while

lanux128:
i also use a script to make Farr stay on top temporarily (via AutoHotKey) but i just remembered that you can add custom programs to the toolbar and perhaps you can place your script in there.

Nod5:
Good idea this!

A related suggestion: some way to temporarily make it harder to close the FARR window. (like the "protect tab" feature in Firefox).

Background:
I have enabled "Close Window after launch by default" and very often close FARR with esc. With the Html View Mode I at least have started to use FARR in slightly new ways (and I suspect that I won't be the only one doing so). Previously, I never had it visible more than a few seconds - open, find, run, close. Now I've also started to use it to display html files, websites or things like that that I want visible slightly longer while doing things in another window. But then it is very easy to accidentally close FARR. So a protection option makes sense.

more brainstorming on this idea:

Some visual indicator when FARR is in a protected state would be good also.

ctrl + escape could enable protection
double-tapping escape (or clicking the upper right corner X) could break the protection and close FARR

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version