ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 3 - A visual guide to the new features

(1/3) > >>

Lashiec:
The new version of Firefox is almost here, and in a timely fashion, Deb Richardson, a Mozilla employee, has compiled a list of the new major features, including live screenshots (Mac version) and links explaining the functions more in depth. All in all, it looks like a very nice release, and definitely a big step compared with the mild disappointments that Firefox 1.5 and 2 were (at least in my opinion).

Though this is not all, and a Firefox 3.1 will be here by the end of the year including some things that, because one thing or the other could not be included in the main release.
via Asa Dotzler: Firefox and more

f0dder:
Nice little guide - confirms that it's mostly the under-the-hood improvements I'm interested in, though :) (the AwesomeBar could be a blessing or a curse, or just plain "whatever" - time will tell).

xbeta:
the Chinese translation is here:
中文翻译版本见此处:
http://xbeta.info/firefox3-new.htm

Fedorov:
Nice little guide - confirms that it's mostly the under-the-hood improvements I'm interested in, though :) (the AwesomeBar could be a blessing or a curse, or just plain "whatever" - time will tell).
-f0dder (June 12, 2008, 07:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Personally, I HATED the AwesomeBar when I first started on the nightly test builds, it just feels completely alien to what you are used to that bar doing.
Now though, after so many months I don't think I could do without it!

Really is worth persevering with, lost count of the no. of times I can't remember the url of a website so I just type 1 or 2 words from it and it shows me the site :)

jah:
yeah nice guide there, firefox FTW!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version