ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Do we need a Linux and/or Mac child board?

<< < (4/7) > >>

Edvard:
sorry, I tried Plan9 once, WAAAY to geeky.

--- End quote ---

:huh: I thought we were all about being geeky.
-Gothi[c] (June 13, 2008, 06:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, sure... geeky is good; Barely usable is not...  ;D
Trying out the Plan9 LiveCD was about as joy-inspiring as partitioning an OS/2 install  :hanged:

Lashiec:
Just by looking at the screenshot, my head spins :huh:

zridling:
I'd say no we don't need to add Linux/Mac child boards for the very reason Darwin mentioned — I've been grateful for the reception (and patience) DC members have shown my Linux topic posts. Because of you guys, I see the larger picture now; that is, use what you want as long as you don't come back and tell me I'm stupid for not using the same software you are currently using. Besides, I enjoy other perspectives on everything. I haven't used Macs except for playing with friends' machines, but that doesn't mean I don't like reading about them.

Simple.

Rover:
sorry, I tried Plan9 once, WAAAY to geeky.

--- End quote ---

:huh: I thought we were all about being geeky.
-Gothi[c] (June 13, 2008, 06:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, sure... geeky is good; Barely usable is not...  ;D
Trying out the Plan9 LiveCD was about as joy-inspiring as partitioning an OS/2 install  :hanged:
-Edvard (June 13, 2008, 06:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

OS/2 partitioning was EASY.  Had a nice triple boot system running.. OS/2, Win95 and Slackware... ahh memories.

Rover:
I like the idea of a dedicated Linux (or Other OS) Discussion area.    Child board?  Probably not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version