ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Do we need a Linux and/or Mac child board?

<< < (3/7) > >>

Edvard:
...a plan9 board
--- End quote ---
:o Oh please for the love of Cody, NO!!
(sorry, I tried Plan9 once, WAAAY to geeky. I felt like I was trying to talk to an alien through a prison window...)

I'm with steeladept and f0dder. Though we Linux folks may be a bit vocal and/or fanatical sometimes, the fact is we live in a (mostly) windows world and are going to be affected by what happens there (besides, I use XP at work...).
The DC forum is the first website I fire up when I come to work in the morning to get the juices flowing, and having my "own" part of the forum to come to would feel almost racist.

mouser:
I am very weary of fracturing/fragmenting attention.. I think it's nicer when we have a larger common area.
So I guess the consensus is to leave things as they are for now and just welcome linux+mac people to post in existing sections.

Gothi[c]:
sorry, I tried Plan9 once, WAAAY to geeky.

--- End quote ---

:huh: I thought we were all about being geeky.

40hz:
I am very weary of fracturing/fragmenting attention.. I think it's nicer when we have a larger common area.
-mouser (June 12, 2008, 08:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm a big supporter of NIX in all its incarnations. But I really do think you're correct when you say it's nicer having a big common area. I've discovered quite a few things in the Living Room that I probably would have missed if they were off in their own separate spaces.

yotta:
i think im against:
although it would be easier for people specifically wanting to talk about these os's it wouldnt be useful for people wishing to hear about all, and it would cause alot of seperation

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version