ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Do we need a Linux and/or Mac child board?

<< < (2/7) > >>

f0dder:
I'm pretty much in the same boat as steeladept... and with the relatively low volume of linux/mac topics, don't they fit in well enough in the existing subforums? Having too many subforums can be a cluttering disadvantage, we felt that heavily on the asmcommunity before cleaning up the board structure.

cranioscopical:
I vote against, for the selfish reason that I'm interested to see how others use their machines and OS's, what issues arise, and what solutions are found. To me this seems more meaningful in an integrated environment, such as we now enjoy-- it provides a better perspective.

Lashiec:
I just assumed that https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?board=215.0 was for posting about Macs and all other things Apple...
-cthorpe (June 12, 2008, 09:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nah, that's only for iTunes and QuickTime in Windows ;D

To me it's fine, I usually read most if not all posts in the forum, so I wouldn't mind. But I think the Mac forum could be a bit lonely :)

Gothi[c]:
I'm all for it, as it would help attract a more varied user base.

However, if you start making a Linux board, and a Mac board, you also have to make a *BSD board, a Solaris board, a plan9 board, etc... you get the drift.

Maybe call it a non-windows board or an 'alternative OS' board or something.

f0dder:
I'm all for it, as it would help attract a more varied user base.

However, if you start making a Linux board, and a Mac board, you also have to make a *BSD board, a Solaris board, a plan9 board, etc... you get the drift.

Maybe call it a non-windows board or an 'alternative OS' board or something.
-Gothi[c] (June 12, 2008, 05:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
Do you think a subforum would actually attract more users? At least that's not what we saw on the asmcommunity, it just fragmented the topics on the board...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version