topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:02 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Opera 9.5  (Read 42308 times)

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Opera 9.5
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2008, 06:31 PM »
Certainly not. That's why I asked DC members to verify if it's only me. And yes, it's only me, so I'm pretty sure they won't care. Also, it applies to DC forum solely, so I can tell you what the reply would be: Let the DC forum guys correct theirs pages!

Why not, I submitted two weeks ago a problem I have in this same forum, when marking some posts as read. They're marked, but the marks are not cleared when the page updates itself, so they're "inherited" by the next items in the list. It did not happen in Opera 9.27, so either it's a problem with Opera, or a problem with the forum software (or mouser mods :D)

If the problem appeared with the new build, I think it's probably a thing of their own, maybe they broke something in the wand, or in the cookie management. Not that SMF or DC are perfect, but well, they worked before. Also, the Opera team contacts the people working in pages that do have problems with Opera (if this is the case), or least that's what they say...

Then again, if you do a clean install and the problem disappears, something went wrong in your setup (unless something external is causing it). If not, time to bug them :)

Regarding the Opera forum: I used to write there several times, but I've never receive any valid answer, if you don't count ironic, arogant and sarcastic comments. This is a "normal" forum, not even remotely resembling the constructive atmosphere here at the DC.

Yeah, that's why I told you to use the bug report wizard as the first option, since this goes directly to Opera's bugtracker, which is only available to Opera employees as you may expect, so you don't have to endure through the jungle that seems to be Opera's forum. Not that I lurk many times there, but I saw enough posts, and hear enough stories of frustration to know that its fame it's deserved.

Of course, as any big forum, there are nice people as well, but a share of fanatics and trolls is unavoidable.

yksyks

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2008, 04:28 PM »
I'm not going to try to report this as a bug. I can recall some time ago I reported repeated problems with tv.com site and I was not alone in that case. After a long time I got a reply that they discovered some non-standard coding on the mentioned pages and they can't do anything with that. Needless to say other browsers displayed these pages correctly. Anyway, they fixed it a couple of betas later.

So I'll give Opera one more try with clean install, but in the meantime I'm happy with IE7pro.

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2008, 06:39 PM »
I always upgrade to final versions and install betas in separate directories, and I've never had any of the reported problems.

Suggests a complex interaction between particular systems and particular webpages and Opera (and other browsers too?).

yksyks

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2008, 05:11 AM »
Me too. This must some strange coincidence. If I eventually come to some solution I'll post it here.

yksyks

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2008, 05:16 AM »
Well, I didn't find any solution, but a clean install of the final build 9.51 fixed all. For me Opera is back!

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2008, 06:20 AM »
However, Metaproducts Inquiry integration with Opera 9.51 is still broken.  For those who want to be able to access Inquiry from within Opera, the only solution is to keep Opera 9.27.

Next Inquiry release should fix this, hopefully !
.merle1.

myarmor

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2008, 12:29 PM »
However, Metaproducts Inquiry integration with Opera 9.51 is still broken.  For those who want to be able to access Inquiry from within Opera, the only solution is to keep Opera 9.27.

Next Inquiry release should fix this, hopefully !
If you haven't done so already, please report it in metaproducts forums or via support.
They have a tendency to be quite fast to fix issues, although I've only dealt with Oleg and Alexander.

Mass downloaders issue with O9.5 was fixed in a few days for instance.

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2008, 02:39 PM »

If you haven't done so already, please report it in metaproducts forums or via support.
They have a tendency to be quite fast to fix issues, although I've only dealt with Oleg and Alexander.

I already reported it via support, they do know about the problem, I suppose they will fix it with the next Inquiry version.
.merle1.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 06:52 AM by MerleOne »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2008, 05:06 AM »
anyone having problems logging into gmail account using Opera (9.51) ?
I did install it over an older beta

It just goes back to unfilled page - no warning of wrong password or anything, I can log in on FF no problem
pasted the password into both to be sure I wasnt screwing up somewhere
Tom

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2008, 05:24 AM »
tomos: I'm using opera 9.51 (build 10081), and freequently use gmail, never had any problems like the one you described :(

Ampa

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • I am cute ;)
    • View Profile
    • MonkeyDash - 2 Player strategy boardgame
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2008, 06:31 AM »
anyone having problems logging into gmail account using Opera (9.51) ?
It just goes back to unfilled page.

YES! Exact same issue here. In fact it has logged in successfully... once it has returned you to the unfilled page, enter the URL googlemail.com in the address bar and it will take you to your inbox.

My install is an upgrade from 9.27

I don't have the issue on my partner's laptop or my mum's PC, both of which were upgraded in the same manner.

No solution found so far.

Ampa

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2008, 06:34 AM »
YES! Exact same issue here. In fact it has logged in successfully... once it has returned you to the unfilled page, enter the URL googlemail.com in the address bar and it will take you to your inbox.

thanks Ampa for that solution / solution - well you know what I mean :)
Tom
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 06:36 AM by tomos »

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2008, 09:26 AM »
I guess that might be because of installing over an older version. Upgrading from Opera 9.2x to Opera 9.5x has given many headaches to most users, so probably a fresh install will solve the problems.

JennyB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Test all things - hold fast to what is good
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2008, 09:49 AM »
I guess that might be because of installing over an older version. Upgrading from Opera 9.2x to Opera 9.5x has given many headaches to most users, so probably a fresh install will solve the problems.

Tree view in Google Groups is brokek with my upgrade, and some sites seem to repeatedly reload for no apparent reason.  :(

Does this also happen with a fresh install?  :tellme:
If you don't see how it can fail -
you haven't understood it properly.

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2008, 10:13 AM »
Yep, it's broken with a fresh install as well. About the reload, I don't really know, I saw some sites that tend to reload themselves (like Techarp), but they do that to load new ads (or to check you are not blocking them). I think I saw one that does that constantly, but I can't remember which one. If you care to provide an example... :)

EDIT: For Google groups, there's a fix. I saw similar behaviour in other Google sites, so I guess if they fix that, they'll fix the others.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 10:18 AM by Lashiec »

JennyB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Test all things - hold fast to what is good
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2008, 11:38 AM »
Yep, it's broken with a fresh install as well. About the reload, I don't really know, I saw some sites that tend to reload themselves (like Techarp), but they do that to load new ads (or to check you are not blocking them). I think I saw one that does that constantly, but I can't remember which one. If you care to provide an example... :)
Try reading the comments on 43Folders, e.g.

http://www.43folders...-cool-tools#comments

EDIT: For Google groups, there's a fix. I saw similar behaviour in other Google sites, so I guess if they fix that, they'll fix the others.

Most welcome - thanks!   :Thmbsup:
If you don't see how it can fail -
you haven't understood it properly.

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2008, 06:42 PM »
Try reading the comments on 43Folders, e.g.

http://www.43folders...-cool-tools#comments

Uh, nasty, I think I'll fill a bug report if you don't mind.

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2008, 09:35 AM »

:Thmbsup: Metaproducts just released a beta version for Inquiry 1.8.x, which fixes the integration with Opera 9.5x !

All would be perfect if right click on an Opera 9.5x windows would not crash Opera on my office PC...
.merle1.