ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Opera 9.5

<< < (10/14) > >>

dantheman:
dan: had you previously saved the password?
-jgpaiva (June 27, 2008, 05:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good point!
It's a problem when you dab with more than one browser.
I did however have a problem with my.opera.com not keeping my p.w. in the last builds.
Had to login every time. Seems to be okay now.

Did a quick restart just to make sure Opera kept my DCF p.w. & login and it's okay too.

Now if Opera can only fix the panel icons position.
It's a bug that has been reported three builds ago.

yksyks:
Thanks for your replies. So it's just me. I tried to delete wand.dat file, but to no avail. Strange is that other forums work okay. Also, this problem appeared a couple of betas ago and then disappeared. I'll wait for the final release and give Opera one more chance with a clean install.

In the meantime I'm using IE7pro, which is approaching Opera's feature set and I'm coming closer to a conclusion that all those unique Opera's features are not worth the effort put in its maintenance and always updating and reinstalling.

icekin:
In the meantime I'm using IE7pro, which is approaching Opera's feature set and I'm coming closer to a conclusion that all those unique Opera's features are not worth the effort put in its maintenance and always updating and reinstalling.
-yksyks (June 28, 2008, 05:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

I too have had problems with Opera, recently with Flash which suddenly stopped working. Luckily I still had Opera 9.27 Portable installed. I upgraded that to Opera 9.50 portable and have had no problems since. I think that its best to stick to portable versions of Opera as they tend to give lesser problems. If something goes wrong, you can always delete the folder and not suffer registry corruption or having to manually clear out the Application Data folder.

I recommend getting this version as it still stores details of the surfed session to the same folder, so you can restore closed windows upon restart, just like a installed version.

Lashiec:
Thanks, but after installing this build I cannot log in to DC forum anymore. Time has come to leave Opera, I suppose...
-yksyks (June 27, 2008, 04:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's because of the intelligence built into Opera, if a page is not good enough for the browser, it does not let you access it :P

Nah, seriously, I advise to either stick with the stable version, or install the beta builds in another directory. Also, it would be a good idea to report the problem to their bugtracker, or if you feel brave enough, use the Opera Desktop Team blog comment system, or the Opera forums.

yksyks:
I advise to either stick with the stable version, or install the beta builds in another directory.
-Lashiec (June 28, 2008, 02:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's what I'm trying to avoid--losing all the history and bookmarks every week? I'm not that devoted to Opera...

Also, it would be a good idea to report the problem to their bugtracker, or if you feel brave enough, use the Opera Desktop Team blog comment system, or the Opera forums.

--- End quote ---
Certainly not. That's why I asked DC members to verify if it's only me. And yes, it's only me, so I'm pretty sure they won't care. Also, it applies to DC forum solely, so I can tell you what the reply would be: Let the DC forum guys correct theirs pages!

Regarding the Opera forum: I used to write there several times, but I've never receive any valid answer, if you don't count ironic, arogant and sarcastic comments. This is a "normal" forum, not even remotely resembling the constructive atmosphere here at the DC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version