ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Opera 9.5

<< < (6/14) > >>

PhilB66:
Speed Testing the Latest Web Browsers

FF did not come first in any single speed test!

J-Mac:
Just upgraded from Opera 9.27 to 9.5.  Crashed about 5 minutes after starting up the new version.  Restarted it but now it crashes before it even loads! As soon as I click on the icon the Windows dialog announcing "Opera Internet Browser has encountered a problem and needs to close." appears.  Opera 9.5 never does get loaded now.

Any ideas?  (This has never happened to me with Opera before).

Jim

Josh:
Phil: There is a problem with tests conducted by these groups, they are not indicative of real world results. As was stated earlier, real world browsing cannot be accurately measured due to numerous hurdles and issues not taken into account with speed testing.

zridling:
Got to say I've long loved Opera because of its broad customizability. That's more true than ever. Moreover, like FF, I can take every piece of it with me between Linux and Windows. Sites that Opera doesn't render, i.e., "IE-only," I merely don't visit. And while I'll admit that Roboform is fantastic, Opera's Wand remembers all, and is by far the simpler device to manage, not to mention one less piece of software I need to install/upgrade.

Josh:
I really dont consider the wand simpler given that opera has prevented you from EDITING passwords. Again, this is overdoing it on the "Protect the user from themselves" mentality that opera has given web browsing. Their browser is fantastic, I love it to death, but I cannot use it full time as roboform is just one of many tools I have sunk money into that I am not willing to blow away on inferior implementations of similar features.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version