ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Opera 9.5

<< < (5/14) > >>

icekin:
What about keepass do you consider more secure? I am unsure what you mean when you say "Password management is being done by a separate program". Isnt roboform a separate program? I mean, both encrypt your data and are password protected.
-Josh (June 13, 2008, 04:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, Roboform is a separate program, but I belivee you need to install it as a plugin for Firefox or IE in order for it to work in conjunction with it. Keepass doesn't need to install any plugins to your browser. The Ctrl + Alt + A will work on any program that has a graphical interface with the same page title. Unfortunately, the Auto Entry feature through Ctrl + Alt + A does not always work perfectly unless you set it up by typing in the Window Name format in the Notes section :

--- ---Auto-Type: {USERNAME}{TAB}{PASSWORD}{TAB}{SPACE}{TAB}{ENTER}
Auto-Type-Window: *

Josh:
Roboform USED to require a plugin for firefox. However, upon installation now, it works by attaching to the browser. You will see an extension listed in the addons manager, but it is no longer required. IE has always worked without a plugin.

dantheman:
Lashiec is sheek!

Do you have a weblog with software reviews?
Opera sure is fast! In between Firefox3RC3 i'm having a tough time seeing which one is faster.
Is it possible to tweak a notebook hooked up to a network which has a determined speed?
Anyway, Opera feels like it has the edge with regards to speed on the web (for now).
The search capabilities in both browsers is just marvellous!

Lashiec:
Lashiec is sheek!

-dantheman (June 13, 2008, 05:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hehehe, thanks! Nope, I don't even have a weblog :), and I wouldn't consider that a review, just a test of what to expect of the new version, and if it was a good idea to wait for an update or not. I had more crashes in one day than in an entire year, but I think it's really worth it.

Opera sure is fast! In between Firefox3RC3 i'm having a tough time seeing which one is faster.
Is it possible to tweak a notebook hooked up to a network which has a determined speed?

--- End quote ---

I think it's possible, but frankly, it's difficult to measure a real difference between both, apart from looking at numbers obtained by running synthetic benchmarks, in real scenarios there are tons of variables at play. I think that Firefox might have an upper hand with heavy AJAX sites, though (mostly because not all of them are supported in Opera :P). We'll know in a few days.

Dirhael:
Lashiec is sheek!

-dantheman (June 13, 2008, 05:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hehehe, thanks! Nope, I don't even have a weblog :), and I wouldn't consider that a review, just a test of what to expect of the new version, and if it was a good idea to wait for an update or not. I had more crashes in one day than in an entire year, but I think it's really worth it.

--- End quote ---

I think it's possible, but frankly, it's difficult to measure a real difference between both, apart from looking at numbers obtained by running synthetic benchmarks, in real scenarios there are tons of variables at play. I think that Firefox might have an upper hand with heavy AJAX sites, though (mostly because not all of them are supported in Opera :P). We'll know in a few days.
-Lashiec (June 13, 2008, 05:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

My personal experience with the two browsers (O9.5/FF3) have left me with the impression that Firefox is a bit faster with many "heavy" javascripts, but Opera is a lot faster at handling CSS & HTML.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version